• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT / Enrollment with CIC [Merged]

kratz said:
Reference: Nine charges against former P.E.I. Army Cadet commander

I support the intent of CIC, but this adds another nail to kill volunteering.

Wouldn't matter if the program was on the current model or went back to the Officer Corps model, the pedophiles and rapists will find their way to the youth.

It's no different than when police officers, teachers, other military personnel are charged for the same crimes.

Just interested in anyone that knows how joining becoming a CIC member would work. Is it possible to become an instructor while still actively serving in the Reg force or would you need to do a full transfer. Requirements for joining aside, can it be taken as a part time job? Any aid or knowledge on the subject would be appreciated.

NavyBinRat said:
Just interested in anyone that knows how joining becoming a CIC member would work. Is it possible to become an instructor while still actively serving in the Reg force or would you need to do a full transfer. Requirements for joining aside, can it be taken as a part time job? Any aid or knowledge on the subject would be appreciated.

I've seen RegF members essentially volunteer their time with local cadet corps. They are not CIC, they aren't transferred to COATS, they aren't rebadged, it has no impact on their pay or benefits. They just show up when they can and help out.

For a few years my full time job had me working where there was no Primary Reserve presence. I contacted the local cadet corps and, with permission of my home unit, worked for them when I had the availability. They were more than happy to have a combat arms NCO there to help out with things- I was still in my home unit and trade, I was paid for my Class A service with them, but I didn't have to transfer or anything.

First check with your chain of command to see if they would be supportive of you volunteering time in uniform with a local cadet corps. Then talk to the cadet corps you're interested in. Expect to need to provide a Criminal Records Check - Vulnerable Sector Screening, which you can get at your local police department/detachment.

You can't be a member of the Regular Force and COATS at the same time.  It is possible to volunteer while a member of the Regular Force or you can submit a request to your CO to be ordered to support the Cadet Corps/Squadron IAW CF Mil Pers Instr 03/10 – Regular Force Members Supporting Cadet Programmes.

garb811 said:
You can't be a member of the Regular Force and COATS at the same time.  It is possible to volunteer while a member of the Regular Force or you can submit a request to your CO to be ordered to support the Cadet Corps/Squadron IAW CF Mil Pers Instr 03/10 – Regular Force Members Supporting Cadet Programmes.

And it looks really good on your PER.

Back