• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT / Enrollment with CIC [Merged]

http://forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruitmentcentre-110

Start with that. Make a phone call Monday morning and get all the assistance you need.

Akai84 said:
Want to join the Air Reserve as a CIC Officer.

CIC officers are not part of the air reserves. They are part of a separate component of the reserve force called "Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service" or COATS.

Your best bet is probably to talk directly with your local air reserve unit to see if they have any openings. From there they can direct you to a Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre if appropriate. But start first with the unit, since they will likely be in the best position to make that first call.

Brihard said:
Your best bet is probably to talk directly with your local air reserve unit

A local air cadet unit  or CFRC would be more appropriate. CIC officers do not belong to air reserve units.

CDN Aviator said:
A local air cadet unit  or CFRC would be more appropriate. CIC officers do not belong to air reserve units.

Pardon me, you're absolutely correct. 'Cadet' is what I meant rather than 'reserve'.

You CAN go straight to CFRC and enroll as a CIC officer that way, however, it's not as easy a process, nor as quick, as if they don't need you in the area you live, and your not willing to move to where they need you(and really, as a CIC officer why would you be) then they simply won't hire you.

if your not currently a CV or CI then I suggest you head to your nearest Air Cadet Squadron, and talk to the CO about coming on staff, as they'll likely want you to go through a 2 year process, whereby you become a volunteer, contract civilian, then eventually CIC, presuming they have space on slate.

I just recently enrolled in the CIC myself, so let me know if you have any questions.

You CAN go straight to CFRC and enroll as a CIC officer that way, however, it's not as easy a process, nor as quick, as if they don't need you in the area you live, and your not willing to move to where they need you(and really, as a CIC officer why would you be) then they simply won't hire you.

Not true.  Their is a large enrollment push for COATS right now, simply  turning you away at the RC is highly unlikely, rather they will find a unit that has open slate positions.  But as CDN Aviator/Brihard said, best to go directly to a cadet unit or contact the unit CO directly http://cadets.ca/support/directory-repertoire/home-accueil.aspx?id=131646

they'll likely want you to go through a 2 year process

Negative.  Direction is get new pers in and get them trained.  People don't go through a 2 yr co op process to get into Reg F, we shouldn't be different.

presuming they have space on slate

We're allowed to enroll onto CISS slate (holding platoon) {though this could just be a Regional directive too} until you find a unit in your area.  The member must put in at least 7 day's pay per year on CISS (not a permanent thing).

Cheers,

PV

edit: required days pay per year

blueburby1 said:

if your not currently a CV or CI then I suggest you head to your nearest Air Cadet Squadron, and talk to the CO about coming on staff, as they'll likely want you to go through a 2 year process, whereby you become a volunteer, contract civilian, then eventually CIC, presuming they have space on slate.

I just recently enrolled in the CIC myself, so let me know if you have any questions.

PViddy covered some of it, but no you can just show up at a CFRC and join the CIC.  As a (sub)component of the Reserve force, you need to get basically selected by a unit first (in this case a cadet unit).  How one goes about that, not my realm, but considering that you are working with kids, just showing up and saying hi I want in, probably isn't going to fly.  Once you go through all the hoops on the CIC side, their local support unit will forward your file to a CFRC.  This is not a quick process. 

Regarding CIC Officers, are the CIC Officers for Air cadets trained for their pilots license? or is it expected they would have one already?

Pieman said:
Regarding CIC Officers, are the CIC Officers for Air cadets trained for their pilots license? or is it expected they would have one already?

CIC of any element are not required to have any special licensing. CIC Air Officers do have the option of attending and achieving Glider, Power Glider licences. Fixed Wing Power Aircraft licensing is not required and I'm not sure CIC Air (or any) are eligible to obtain through DND.

Okay thanks. Do the cadets have the opportunity to get their Fixed Wing Power Aircraft license? Or is it a Power Gliders license?

Pieman said:
Okay thanks. Do the cadets have the opportunity to get their Fixed Wing Power Aircraft license? Or is it a Power Gliders license?

They do have the opportunity to get a Gilder, Power Glider and be awarded a scholarship to get their Fixed-Wing Power Aircraft licensing. I'm not too sure how that goes, probably in liaison through a college or something.

PrairieThunder said:
They do have the opportunity to get a Gilder, Power Glider and be awarded a scholarship to get their Fixed-Wing Power Aircraft licensing. I'm not too sure how that goes, probably in liaison through a college or something.
The Air Cadet League pays Civi flight centers to train  cadets for their Fixed wing.

With the intention of consolidating and clarifying the information here there is repitition of some of the above. 

Enrolling in the Canadian Forces Cadet Instructors Cadre Branch requires that you first find a cadet corps or squadron that requires staff.  The CF recruiting centre will direct you or you can find the cadet corps/squadron directory at www.cadets.ca.

This link provides specific information. 

http://www.vcds.forces.gc.ca/cic/ha-ci/index-eng.asp

There is no opportunity for air element officers to be trained to fly as a member of the CF. Those who already hold a private pilot (or gliding) license and meet strict criteria may provide power familiarization flights at the local squadron or be selected for conversion training to instruct glider and/or fly tow planes at the Regional Cadet Gliding Centres.

The aircraft used in the cadet program are owned by the Air Cadet League of Canada, but are in the care and control of the CF under a memorandum of agreement.  DND/CF pays for the operation of the cadet flying program and summer gliding and power flight scholarship programs.  Local power familiarization flying (aircraft rental and fuel) is the responsibility of the local civilian sponsoring committee.

There is more detail in the Wikipedia entry on the Cadet Instructor Cadre Branch that is quite complete.

Hi there,
            I'm currently a CV with a local Army corps. My CO is recommending me for a CIC uniformed position as there is an opening he wants me in. I couldn't be happier however I'm a bit nervous what DND may think of me. When I was younger I tried joining the regs 3 times however I didn't score too well on my CFAT. I had some MOC's open but not many. After the third time it was advised that I would have to upgrade my math skills to rewrite again. All three times was in between 1999-2001.
I went to College for a 1 year program, then hit the work force after. I'm now in my middle 30's, a Manager in my division and feel confident and well established in life. I was a cadet before until I aged out. I really would love to move forward in CIC as I have the time and money to devote myself to the program. However, will my past of trying to join the regs be a barrier when my application will be sent for consideration to the CFRC?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

You sound like 50% of the CIC I serve with. Don't fret the little things.

Hello all,

I have applied to enroll in the CIC, I just have a few questions...

1) Is there a medical / interview if so what are they like. For the interview what do they ask?
2) Is there a fitness test? Is it like before where it was CIC officers need to take it buut dont have to past?

Joshua2597 said:
I have applied to enroll in the CIC, I just have a few questions...

1) Is there a medical / interview if so what are they like. For the interview what do they ask?
2) Is there a fitness test? Is it like before where it was CIC officers need to take it buut dont have to past?

CIC recruiting process...the medical 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/17799.0

CIC Interview 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/47190.0

CIC Physical Fitness Standards
https://army.ca/forums/threads/78996.0/nowap.html
2 pages.

Back