• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT and release from unit

SirTwonish

Inactive
Reaction score
I have done the searchy mc search for this one so please don't lock it out. I got my CT offer letter and have accepted the terms (res to regs) and I'm having a little problem with it. It states on the offer that I have 30 days to release from my unit. Under the new guidelines for CT's (now done completely through DMCARM) I was told that DMCARM will send the necessary paperwork to my unit to allow me to release. I have been in contact with my unit regarding this (I have done everything I can do on my end, even returned the kit that they wanted back) but the release cant be confirmed till I get this paperwork. Has anyone recently done a ct who received this paperwork? And if so do you receive it or does the unit. It is 33 days till my transfer date I just want to make sure something screwy doesn't happen.

I'm going thru it right now, and haven't had any problems at this end, except the OR hasn't updated my MPRR to reflect a change in marital status.

Its all about going to your OR and reminding them about it. THey have a lot of work so you have to constantly tell them.

I CTed back into the Reg F a little over two weeks ago, staying with my unit (a Res-heavy one). I initiated this back in December, but delayed the actual CT until my class C contract ended.

Neither the recruiting centre nor anybody at my unit mentioned any need to release from the Res F in all of that time. All that the recruiting centre asked for was that I cleared out of my unit prior to signing the final paperwork, which I did (while simultaneously clearing right back in). The term "Transfer", in my mind, implies a simple change of status, not releasing and rejoining, so the need to do so did not occur to me and I presumed that everybody knew what they were doing. Somebody did say, in passing and in an off-hand way, last week something about release but I did not take it seriously. I did not, in fact, realize that it was indeed necessary until Thursday, and actually got it done on Friday (yesterday).

Nothing came from DMCARM or any other outside agency.

Pester your unit.

After working for 4 1/2 years in the Recruiting World, it still amazes me that one has to quit the Forces, and rejoin the next day to go full time. Every other Department in the Cdn Govt, just changes the paperwork, draws up a new TOS and voila full time you are. What an @$$ backwards approach, I shudder at the wasted man hours/money we create some times.

Back