• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CRCN Message on the Steward Occupation Town Hall (Steward trade elimination)

dimsum

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
Random unrelated question. Do you think an Air Det needs an Aerospace Engineer? My experience with the Cyclone is a poor ACSO gets to shoulder all the NATO/CAN OPDEF-related paperwork, management and briefings (and a poor CSE PHVI gets to help them!). Perhaps not for a HFX but the JSS has two helo's and can do some 3rd line maint.
LRP air dets would bring an AERE if it's a big enough deployment (e.g. multiple aircraft).

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
I guess they don't read HBR up there in Ottawa ;)

Don’t Just Tell Employees Organizational Changes Are Coming — Explain Why​

From leadership transitions and restructurings to mergers and acquisitions, there seems to be constant change in the workforce. But surveys show that many employees don’t understand why these changes are happening.

This can be detrimental for any company trying to implement change. When employees don’t understand why changes are happening, it can be a barrier to driving ownership and commitment, and even result in resistance or push back.

Executives and those responsible for leading change cannot assume that employees understand the reasoning behind them. It’s important to spend time explaining the changes and why they are important.

There are four key aspects to helping employees understand change, to drive commitment, and to ultimately contribute to your success:
1) Inspire people by presenting a compelling vision for the future,
2) Keep employees informed by providing regular communications,
3) Empower leaders and managers to lead through change, and
4) Find creative ways to involve employees in the change.

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
Random unrelated question. Do you think an Air Det needs an Aerospace Engineer? My experience with the Cyclone is a poor ACSO gets to shoulder all the NATO/CAN OPDEF-related paperwork, management and briefings (and a poor CSE PHVI gets to help them!). Perhaps not for a HFX but the JSS has two helo's and can do some 3rd line maint.
I don’t know. I don’t really think so, as what you are describing is a reporting function, vice anything intrinsically airworthiness related (which is where AEREs shine). TBH, I would like the reporting functions streamlined or automated.

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
It could be done, but I am not too sure anyone would be very happy about picking up the reams of staffwork no one seems to notice that we do to keep Sqns and Wings functioning…
Air Ops Officers enter the chat

Amy Poehler Hello GIF by Team Coco

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I guess they don't read HBR up there in Ottawa ;)

Don’t Just Tell Employees Organizational Changes Are Coming — Explain Why​

1) Inspire people by presenting a compelling vision for the future, Yesterday's technology, tomorrow! If Option A sounds great, go with Option C, regardless of whether it makes sense or our allies tell us not to do that. Also, if there are only two real options, give us an option C anyway.
2) Keep employees informed by providing regular communications, Did you guys get the memo?
3) Empower leaders and managers to lead through change, and Hey, middle managers, when you weren't dropping the ball on keeping the troops informed, being sex pests or otherwise being the source of institutional failures, did you get the memo we sent on a Friday pm?
4) Find creative ways to involve employees in the change. Okay, okay, how about this; we mae the change, then tell the employees. Also, new bling.