• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Covid 19 isolation camps across Canada? Call goes out to contractors

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Are Covid19 internment camps coming to Ontario?

https://youtu.be/AzWLlfwfD4Y

In September the federal government posted a call for expressions of interest for contractors to provide supply and manage quarantine isolation camps throughout every province.

Randy Hillier says the language suggests it's not just for Covid19 either.

Think I'll wait out a little longer before downloading that covid19 app  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Give up your freedom. Even WHO today disparaged lockdowns. Perhaps we should follow Sweden's lead ?

Anyone else remember when there was no public health risk posed by COVID-19, and the idea of restricting cross-border travel was racist?

I was beyond shocked to find a Covid-19 tracking app on my phone, despite me NOT downloading one, and NOT updating anything.

Slowly but surely, I'm really looking into getting a cheap 'dumb' phone like I used to have.  Worked just fine for texting and phone calls -- what else do I REALLY need a phone for? 

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

CBH99 said:
I was beyond shocked to find a Covid-19 tracking app on my phone, despite me NOT downloading one, and NOT updating anything.

Slowly but surely, I'm really looking into getting a cheap 'dumb' phone like I used to have.  Worked just fine for texting and phone calls -- what else do I REALLY need a phone for? 

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

Are you talking about the exposure notification API built into recent versions of iOS?

Settings > Privacy > Health > COVID-19 Exposure Logging

The app itself is not on your phone.  You still need to download it.  What you see is the software IOS and Android have added to make the app compatible.

You still need to buy-in.

Remius said:
The app itself is not on your phone.  You still need to download it.  What you see is the software IOS and Android have added to make the app compatible.

You still need to buy-in.

Exactly, they've essentially just laid the groundwork for people to start participating. Although I can see why it might be unsettling for the average citizen. But then again, most people have never even bothered to look at the Location Services section of their iPhone and probably don't realize how accurately it has been documenting their movements since long before the pandemic.

Edited to add: People can also get signal blocking cases that will block out bluetooth as well as any cellular or wifi connections. Or just leave the phone behind?

reveng said:
Exactly, they've essentially just laid the groundwork for people to start participating. Although I can see why it might be unsettling for the average citizen. But then again, most people have never even bothered to look at the Location Services section of their iPhone and probably don't realize how accurately it has been documenting their movements since long before the pandemic.

Lol.  I know.  It’s amazing how many people are worried about that but don’t seem to realize google, Amazon, their phones and devices are constantly tracking and targeting them.

CFJOSG was running Isolation Facilities for pre- and post-deployment isolation for the CAF up to the end of last month and it has now been passed to the force generating L1s.  I know the Army was looking at the possibility of using contracted facilities. Maybe this is what this is for.

reveng said:

Edited to add: People can also get signal blocking cases that will block out bluetooth as well as any cellular or wifi connections. Or just leave the phone behind?

I do tend to leave my phone at home a lot these days, especially if going out with some friends.

As long as one of us has a phone in case of an emergency, or need Google Maps, or to look up movie times - I don't see why we all need to have our phones  :dunno:

I used to barely take my phone, now that my daughters has Type 1 diabetes, I carry it everywhere to track her Blood Sugars and to ensure she or the wife are taking action to counter lows. My phone is now beside me 24/7.

Feel free to read between the lines in the main bid document - potential new isolation sites (screen capture also attached) appear to be near border crossings/ports of entry.

Attachments

• ABES.PROD.PW__ZL.B105.E38463.EBSU000.PDF
    262.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2020-10-13 202514.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-13 202514.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 107
Maybe in anticipation of the flocks of Americans fleeing the November election results?  The PM said the government has a plan to deal with post US election unrest.

Haggis said:
Maybe in anticipation of the flocks of Americans fleeing the November election results?  The PM said the government has a plan to deal with post US election unrest.

Not so much the election.  But if the Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade, health care and same sex marriage rights I could see a mini migration.

I have family in the US that are considering a move back after decades away.

Americans frequently talk about fleeing if the next election doesn't go their way, but very few do.

The court is unlikely to simply strike down Roe, PPACA, or SSM.  Surely people have learned by now that conservative judges are actually pretty independent-minded, especially where individual rights are concerned.

Bread Guy said:
Feel free to read between the lines in the main bid document - potential new isolation sites (screen capture also attached) appear to be near border crossings/ports of entry.
For a bit of perspective, here's where "camps" (to use the thread title's term) already exist.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-15 184544.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-15 184544.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 142
Brad Sallows said:
Americans frequently talk about fleeing if the next election doesn't go their way, but very few do.

The court is unlikely to simply strike down Roe, PPACA, or SSM.  Surely people have learned by now that conservative judges are actually pretty independent-minded, especially where individual rights are concerned.

Amy Coney Barrett summed it up nicely, Roe is not "Super-precedent", but it is unlikely to be challenged anytime soon. Someone would have to have one hell of an argument to bring up a case that would threaten the abortion status quo.

Back