• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cougar EROC

Tango24B

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought I would go right to the proper source for answers to my question.

Does anyone have images of the interior of the original Cougar EROCs deployed to Afghanistan?

Images of the newer version Cougar with the raised roof were easy to obtain when they were on public display on bases and at public events in Canada.

I am wanting to know the layout of the main compartment seats, stowage boxes, A/C unit, Halon system, etc...

I don't need anything OPSEC related...just pics, or explanations, diagrams, or drawings of the interior main compartment. I would think that in the EROC role the majority of the seats were removed to permit the stowage of EOD related equipment such as the robots and Med-Eng EOD suits.

Why you ask? An overseas scale model producer has released a new kit of the U.S. Cougar 6x6 MRAP and I would like to convert it into a Canadian EROC version as part of a Canadian vehicle collection.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

There's a book out by Real Model which has images taken by Richard Saucier of the EROC Cougar, Buffalo, and RG-31.
http://realmodel.cz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=79&vmcchk=1&Itemid=79

There is a thread about the Meng Cougar kit on the Modern Canadian Vehicle Disccusion Group
http://www.network54.com/Forum/169232/thread/1415447884/Cougar+MRAP+from+Meng%21

Somewhere I had images of the interior of the EROC version, but they were lost when my last computer crashed. But this thread of armorama has someone building the older Cromwell Jerrv with an interior that is in essence very similar to the Canadian kit.
http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=173629

The Meng Cougar has the interior laid out for the Troop transport version, the JERRV(EROC) version only had I believe The front two seats for driver and team leader, with the one rear facing seat behind the passenger for the gunner/robot operator. The other thing is the ramps for the robot will have to be scratched built and it seems as though it'll be tough to do.

You can google Cougar EROC or try Cougar JERRV and find pictures of the original version, but interior pictures of MRAP's are few and far between.

Cheers, hope this helps or at least gets you in the right direction

Thanks very much. I already have the book, I've seen the Cougar build previously, and I am involved in the conversion on Modern Canadian Vehicles.

Your info reaffirms the direction I am taking.

Cheers!

The Cougars originally in A'stan with the CF were not part of EROC (in the BG CS Engr Sqn), they were part of the CIED Sqn (in the TF HQ).

Prior to the stretched version arriving in 2009, there were 2 seats in the back, one right behind the front passenger seat, and a second beside the comms rack on the driver's side. The "gunner" / 5th team member did not have a proper seat which is part of what the stretched version with a fifth seat was intended to fix. The organization / stowage of kit in the rear (minus the ROV) varied from team to team based on personal preference, with no standard layout. The ROV was strapped down in the centre aisle as, from what I was told, that was the most common sense place to modify the floor to install the tie down hooks. The added plus to that was one only had to drive the ROV straight in, instead of messing around trying to jockey it into position while sitting on the "X".

Tango, not sure if you saw this but no need to try and convert the Meng kit, as Panada is releasing a JERRV

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=231439

Ya, I saw it. It's only a CAD drawing so far...very common from my experience in working with Asian model producers...everyone jumps on the band wagon when a kit is released by another company. It's part of the competitive process....any attention is good attention. Don't count all blessings yet.

The proposed Panda (not Panada) kit will still need modifications to create a Canadian version....things that need to be taken off and things that need to be added.

Tango24B said:
Ya, I saw it. It's only a CAD drawing so far...very common from my experience in working with Asian model producers...everyone jumps on the band wagon when a kit is released by another company. It's part of the competitive process....any attention is good attention. Don't count all blessings yet.

Last time armorama showed the Panda CAD drawings the kit was out a few weeks later. Panda seems to release everything they show CAD for, atleast up until this point.

Tango24B said:
The proposed Panda (not Panada) kit will still need modifications to create a Canadian version....things that need to be taken off and things that need to be added.

Whoops, thanks for catching the spelling error. From the pictures of Canadian Eroc vehicles it seems that the Gyrocam comes off, all the IED jammers are to be left off, the rear jerry can holders on the left side may not be right, and the interior is certainly wrong. Not sure what else.

Back