• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer

jake830

Inactive
Reaction score
Since the other topics regarding ct are mostly outdated.

I recently just joined an infantry reserve unit in hopes of applying for a ct after my basic and sq. As I begin to read more about the ct, it seems people only have worse things to say about it, an most recommend getting out an joining reg force. With infantry being over full right now, I would begin new processing for reg force in April 2011, which is quite awhile away. It seems to me that applying for a ct would make more sense, can someone give me their opinion.

Thanks.

This is not an official answer in any way just my guess.  Right now the regular force Infantry is over strength and they have instituted a special occupational transfer program to try and lower the number of people filling infantry spots.  So I can't see them taking component transfer from the reserves to the regular force anytime soon unless you had unique qualifications, which as you said you just joined I strongly doubt.  That being said it never hurts to try put your paperwork in, you might be surprised just don't count on it.  This is just my gut feeling.

Edited to fix silly spelling mistakes.

Why not try to get in in another trade than infantry? Infantry is not bad but why don't you try to get in a trade where you will be learning an actual trade that you can use in Civie world 25 years down the road?

I joined as crewman in 99, did that for 9 years and OT'd to MSE OP, I look at people that retire and get in as MDOs (Civie drvers that work for DND).  They do the same job, get paid over time when they work extra hours and draw their pentions!

I don't know of anyone that retired from armored and went on to drive a tank for a civie company....

my :2c:

Sorry, I really dont mean to try to hijack this post but what Themouse said had got me thinkin.
I'm currently in Meaford on a holding platoon waiting for the last infantry course to start (which is actually going to be going on in Gagetown) and then after that there is no more training until Infantry re-opens. My question is. I want to change trades to AC Op which is in high demand right now. Because the trade is in high demand and infantry is closed is there a better chance of the change of trade to happen?

Themouse said:
Why not try to get in in another trade than infantry? Infantry is not bad but why don't you try to get in a trade where you will be learning an actual trade that you can use in Civie world 25 years down the road?

I joined as crewman in 99, did that for 9 years and OT'd to MSE OP, I look at people that retire and get in as MDOs (Civie drvers that work for DND).  They do the same job, get paid over time when they work extra hours and draw their pentions!

I don't know of anyone that retired from armored and went on to drive a tank for a civie company....

my :2c:

And don't have to overnight in the field when supporting courses and the like........well at least here in Gagetown........

Back