• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Compassionate leave eligibility

When I was an OC, I had 2 or 3 really tough cases that required members to take extended compassionate leave, beyond the initial 14 days (which we never needed a memo for). The staff wrote any memos or briefing notes required to have the OCC approve the leave. I would have never even considered going to a member who has just become a single parent of three under school aged kids and was grieving the loss of their spouse and ask them to staff a memo.

When I was an OC, I had 2 or 3 really tough cases that required members to take extended compassionate leave, beyond the initial 14 days (which we never needed a memo for). The staff wrote any memos or briefing notes required to have the OCC approve the leave. I would have never even considered going to a member who has just become a single parent of three under school aged kids and was grieving the loss of their spouse and ask them to staff a memo.

The justification I got for requesting compassionate for a death of a family member by memo was a record of approval for travel benefits. I would've thought that a signed leave pass would be enough...

The justification I got for requesting compassionate for a death of a family member by memo was a record of approval for travel benefits. I would've thought that a signed leave pass would be enough...
Bring me the leave pass and I will raise the claim for the applicable signatures.

I think sometimes these days we get too caught up in the admin and self-protection that we no longer are willing or able to make the calls we used to.

Back