• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Systems Engineer. Training Experiences so far.....

kartik

Inactive
Reaction score
Its been a long time after BMOQ that I got time to log in and write about my training experiences so far....

1. After BMOQ, got posted to CFNES Halifax. By the time we finished in routine etc... it was time to go to the NETPO to Victoria.

2. NETPO training is nice vacation time as they after BMOQ. The "lets go lets go" attitude of BMOQ just eases out to almost no work. The course is designed to get introduced to Navy and its traditions. The classes are long and boring and mind you exams can be difficult. But with all the stress gone you are able to perform better. The sea phase is awesome. ORCA vessels are small but unique for training and since we did the sea phase with MARS 3 we did not have night sailing. The ports we were alongside were pretty much Nanaimo and Ganges but luckily the weekend was Vancouver. There is no formal graduation parade etc... Mind you the Coxs'n of Venture is very strict in dressing deportment. There are inspection parade every Thursday. I had to run of Friday afternoon for hair cut but he is a very good man. He takes care of people to the best and if you deliver the best dressing and shoe shining there is no issue. I personally liked the Coxs'n.

3. Back to Halifax, completing necessary admin and medical work etc. before starting NEI of Sept 12th.

In my opinion engineering training is so arranged that they have engineers go to ships as soon as possible due to the FELEX project. This is the feel I am getting. Anyways will keep in touch whenever I get time.

We all rock as "Royal Canadian Navy" now

Congrats on getting in and passing your training so far! 

Back