• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Boots and Running

Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
Are there any problems when running with combat boots on?

I heard that you screw your ankles up when you run with weights while wearing combat boots. The rule changed now that they let you do PT wearing civilian running shoes, then why are the instructors expect you to run around with combat boots on during BMQ? So is it okay to wear combat boots as running shoes?

I want to get my feet conditioned for the 13km rucksack march in SQ, by run some laps wearing combat boots. I don't to walk them for conditioning because that will takes up more time than running. Not sure about what I should do, I am still confused about the "truth" about combat boots. Any advice will be appreciated.

Delta said:
Are there any problems when running with combat boots on?

Yes, there are many. So do not use them as running shoes. If you are running for PT, wear running shoes.

If you are running during training for combat (section attacks, between classrooms on the BMQ) then wear cbt boots.

Do not confuse the two.

Didn't notice earlier...2000th post.

Good point Armymedic,

Running shoes help you to condition and get in shape, they serve a purpose......................................

To allow you to run in combat boots operationaly.

I do not believe hostile forces and "evil-doers" give you time to switch into running gear to haul a**
Combat boots remain a viable mode of hasty travel

Back