• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cobra bites the dust - literally - VIDEO

Sf2

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/879400/ah_1_cobra_brownout/

It looks as if the pilots were both able to go through their post crash functions, they looked busy going through their mental checklists before they blow the canopy, I suspect the crash might compress their spine and give them back problems.

Colin P said:
It looks as if the pilots were both able to go through their post crash functions, they looked busy going through their mental checklists before they blow the canopy, I suspect the crash might compress their spine and give them back problems.

Not from a hover it wouldn't. They would have only fell about 15 ft and under power at that, so I suspect that the rate of decent wouldn't be enough to cause back problems. I'd be more concerned with head trauma from the violent motion on the aircraft as a result of the blades impacting the ground.

I don't know the Cobra operating procedures, but as far as I can tell, they didn't do a very thorough post crash checklist. You could see a guy go in and roll the throttles to cut off. First thing you're supposed to do in most cases is kill the engines before egressing.

Back