• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Class B contract - # of days in 12M period

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Wasn't able to find this in previous threads, does anyone know what the # of days are in a 12M class B contract? This would be for a standard 8-4, 5 days a week type position. Haven't done one before and trying to do a cost estimate, and using the paid daily rate x 365 doesn't make a lot of sense, as its' supposed to just apply for days where 6 or more hours are worked.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in the CBIs or elsewhere? Looking at the reserve employment opportunity postings and don't see any details to that level

Thanks in advance

My guess would be 365 days. However when you sign the contract you can count the days between the start date and end date.

The six hours or more only applies to Class A days. Any time on Class B is paid every day from the start date to the end date. To figure out the pay rate you take the basic daily pay x number of days in the month.

Class B are paid weekends and stats and annual leave, so yes, it's all calendar days times daily rate

It would be 365 days.

There is more complexity in the monthly rate of pay, that does not apply on an annual basis.

Keep in mind that, if you are hiring an annuitant, they need a 30 day break, so the contract would only be paid for 335 days.

former Fin clerk. long since gone

Class B pay was done number of days from start day to end of month. Not all contracts started on the 1st day of the month. For sake of easy math . Contract starts on 1 September 2021. 30 days for September, rate of pay x 30 days. - Income tax, CPPC, UI and maybe mess dues. Divided the balance by 2 and you got half the pay of the 15th of the month and the other half on the 30 of the month. 31 Day month you got 15 days on the 15 and on the 31 you got 16 days pay. But for a 12 month term contract, take your full day pay rate x 365 ( unless a leap year is in the term) and that is your gross salary before deductions. Private PI3 earns $137.58 a day so x 365 =$50 216.70 a year ( large increase from when I was in $52.50 a day)

What's funny is that I get more timely and accurate info here then from HR... to be fair we've never hired reservists in the unit that I'm aware of so first time for everyone involved.

Back