• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chronic Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome and VIP questions

Rhu

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was injured during training in 2012. At the time I was diagnosed with shin splints and eventually also compartment syndrome and the MRI showed resolving stress fractures. I ended up having a fasciotomy in both legs, lots of physio and prolotherapy but 8 years later still experiencing lots of pain following too much activity (walking on uneven ground, standing all day, chasing after kids, walking too long or fast). When I do my own research on MTSS (shin splints) there isn’t really any mention of it never going away and my Doctors/physio seem a bit perplexed and can’t really offer an explanation for my pain. I think that some military members tend push through pain when they shouldn’t and I think that might have something to do with my condition so I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone has experienced something similar? It really messes with my mind to not understand what is happening and I regret being an idiot and pushing through the pain in an attempt to finish my training. I ended up being released 3B.

This leads me to the second question regarding VIP. The doctor assessing my file said that MTSS is not chronic so I do not need any assistance. I am going to appeal the decision but not really sure what to say since it should show in my file that my issues are chronic? Thanks for reading and your help.

Back