• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chive Charities

MusclesGlasses

Inactive
Reaction score
I understand that www.thechive.com is blocked while using DND networks, which is in many ways understandable.

Regardless, no matter how much questionable material people think theChive includes in their posts, you can't deny that raising almost 100k in less than 6 hours for a two year old with brittle bone disease, is nothing short of a modern miracle.

Chive Charities -----> https://chivecharities.org/

Edit: and the goal of 100k has been reached in less than 7 hours. Chivers to the rescue!

Cheers and Chive On!

MusclesGlasses said:
....which is in many ways understandable.
  :eek:rly:  What 'choo talkin' about?!

What would be understandable, is if I could somehow put the Bde Safety O on <ignore> ~!

Journeyman said:
  :eek:rly:  What 'choo talkin' about?!

What would be understandable, is if I could somehow put the Bde Safety O on <ignore> ~!

Um....what? I have no idea what you are referring to. Bde Safety O on <ignore> ~! <------?????????

Keep in mind that some of us using this site are just entering the CF, and therefore aren't down with all the lingo. ;)

To clarify my 'which is in many ways understandable' comment, I think we can all accept that for people working in the public service, some of the content on theChive.com is inapropriate for viewing while at work on a government computer. ;)

No reason we can't get our 'Chive On' once we get home.

Cheers

Check here

...and if you were in the military and tasked with organizing the simplest training exercise, you'd understand my....dislike....of the Safety world and their pedantic view of training and safety.

;)  <----  means "not serious"    (well, not too serious)

Still not following. Not sure how your post has anything to do with either thechive, their charities, or a little girl with Brittle Bone disease either. That, and explaining a joke doesn't make it funnier.

Oh well ;)

Chive On

And this is why people don't post nice things on this site. Way to treat a future member folks....

Not only that, but you've succeeded in completely polluting what was supposed to be a kind-hearted thread about people all over the world coming together to do some good.

Congrats.

MusclesGlasses said:
And this is why people don't post nice things on this site. Way to treat a future member folks....
Wow. Seriously?  You were offended over this?  :facepalm:

You just shake that sand out of your ovaries and chive on!  :nod:

MusclesGlasses said:

Not only that, but you've succeeded in completely polluting what was supposed to be a kind-hearted thread about people all over the world coming together to do some good.

Congrats.

Kyle, you do realize the CF is in no way responsible for issuing you a sense of humor, right?

:facepalm:

edit: Hey kratz, found a few guys that might have issue with your post ;)

zoe-dar-27.jpg

MusclesGlasses said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Journeyman said:
Check here

...and if you were in the military and tasked with organizing the simplest training exercise, you'd understand my....dislike....of the Safety world and their pedantic view of training and safety.

;)  <----  means "not serious"    (well, not too serious)

Currently in the oilfield on a large site, on my way into the military, I can only imagine what the safety world is like when not kept in check by the "we're here to make a lot of money don't get too mouthy" higher up crowds.

Here's another example of some of the great work that Chive Charities has done.

http://chivecharities.org/stories/taylor-morris/

Cheers

Why not, instead of righteous butthurt, explain the relevance of this charity for attractive white people to the community of Army.ca:

The Charity is organized and operated exclusively to raise money and awareness for (i) sick and/or disabled individuals in need of financial assistance for medical treatment and/or quality of life enhancements, (ii) disabled veterans returning home from war in need of financial assistance for quality of life enhancements, and (iii) underfunded special needs education initiatives (each a "Charitable Class" and collectively, the "Charitable Classes").

But of course, a well-researched donor would realize it's an American charity, what good can it do for Canadians?

II. Examples of theCHIVE's Past Charitable Activities
• Lilli Wilson
Lilli Wilson suffers from Smith-Magenis Syndrome ("SMS"), which is a rare developmental and sensory disorder that causes Lilli to self-inflict serious injury with everyday household objects. Lilli's mother contacted theCHIVE to request assistance because the family could not afford to purchase a custom bedroom to keep Lilli from hurting herself. After verifying information on Lilli's application, theCHIVE staff posted Lilli's story on theCHIVE website and requested donations to purchase the custom bedroom for Lilli. theCHIVE received over $34,000 in two hours, which it used to purchase the custom made bedroom from a special needs living space engineering firm. This charitable campaign changed Lilli's life and raised awareness for SMS. It should be noted that Lilli lives in Canada and would not be an eligible grantee of the Charity even assuming that all other criteria for a grant were satisfied.

I'm a big time Chiver and have been on the DAR and Chive everywhere once each.

The site was unblocked up until recently when the DND changed its firewall.

Devo3733 said:
Currently in the oilfield on a large site, on my way into the military, I can only imagine what the safety world is like when not kept in check by the "we're here to make a lot of money don't get too mouthy" higher up crowds.

Wait until you see a bunch of government scientists with neither profit nor time imperatives.  Safety is their ONLY concern. (That and their next paper).  :gloomy:

Kirkhill said:
Wait until you see a bunch of government scientists with neither profit nor time imperatives.  Safety is their ONLY concern. (That and their next paper).  :gloomy:

That being said, of course safety SHOULD be a big concern for everyone, I know in my hometown of Calgary there has been a fair amount of news of late over the training exercise where Cpl. Baker was killed in Afghanistan in 2010.  This isn't really the thread to go into such things, but safety standards and procedure are kinda the buzzwords around that incident.

That said the only way to be sure that any given system doesn't cause harm is to not use it.  In which case billions can be saved by not building equipment that is not going to be used.

Back