• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Loaded and polarizing words. We Canadians don't like using them and we're quick to associate them with US politics and the likes of Trump.

But do they fit a leader who not only knowingly ignored a foreign government's political and monetary influence but benefited from it?
You’re right. I should be careful about a word with such immense power. And although I have lost confidence in Trudeau I apologize for using that term.

I see the ultra right wing as being as dangerous as the ultra left. And right now it sure seems to me that the ultra right have too much influence, even though Poilievre is trying to restrain some of those who are more vocal. Having said all that, I admit to wanting more of a Progressive Conservative party. I think Robert Stanfield was one of the better prime ministers Canada never had.
You misspelled Bernier.

Re the LPC and China
Stalin called them useful idiots. I think our history of head in the clouds attitude towards the real world has made our politicians vulnerable to manipulation from bad actors. Many MPs may be comprised and have no idea that they are being controlled.

FYI
Marc Garneaubhas resigned his seat.

I reckon he cannot stomach the traitors in our midst
I haven’t heard anything from him in years. I am guessing that he hasn’t been happy for a while.

You know who else has been quiet since the CCP business blew up? Chrystia Freeland. Apparently, she has told Trudeau in the past to dump obsequious dictator butt-snorkelers like Dionne and McCallum or she was walking. Maybe she’s tying her shoes or sharpening the knife…?

You misspelled Bernier.
I am actually happy when someone speaks out against the party line. Much better to have a few independent thinkers rather than the collection of yes people that currently sit in Parliament. From reading the documents unveiled so far, it would appear that O'Toole was more for Canadians than he was given credit for.
Our greater concern is the damage that Trudeau and company have done to the concept of a Canadian. He has systematically destroyed the notion of citizenship and pandered to anyone or any group that would applaud him in return. Law enforcement, sentencing options, bail reform, resource management, even crossing the border or for federal servants collecting a paycheque have all taken a hit under his administration.

I haven’t heard anything from him in years. I am guessing that he hasn’t been happy for a while.

You know who else has been quiet since the CCP business blew up? Chrystia Freeland. Apparently, she has told Trudeau in the past to dump obsequious dictator butt-snorkelers like Dionne and McCallum or she was walking. Maybe she’s tying her shoes or sharpening the knife…?
Freeland is about the only person in Trudeau’s government who has any balls. I hope I’m not wrong about her.

I am actually happy when someone speaks out against the party line. Much better to have a few independent thinkers rather than the collection of yes people that currently sit in Parliament. From reading the documents unveiled so far, it would appear that O'Toole was more for Canadians than he was given credit for.
Our greater concern is the damage that Trudeau and company have done to the concept of a Canadian. He has systematically destroyed the notion of citizenship and pandered to anyone or any group that would applaud him in return. Law enforcement, sentencing options, bail reform, resource management, even crossing the border or for federal servants collecting a paycheque have all taken a hit under his administration.
I have great respect for O’Toole and what he was trying to accomplish.

Freeland is about the only person in Trudeau’s government who has any balls. I hope I’m not wrong about her.
I didn’t like the fact she fell into line during the SNC fiasco while Trudeau was dumping strong female cabinet ministers because they stood up to him. But I am impress with her history of joining dissidents in Soviet Ukraine while she was a student. But I find her voice grating. I honestly still don’t know what to make of her. 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t like the fact she fell into line during the SNC fiasco while Trudeau was dumping strong female cabinet ministers because they stood up to him. But I am impress with her history of joining dissidents in Soviet Ukraine while she was a student. But I find her voice grating. I honestly still don’t know what to make of her. 🤷‍♂️
I also find her voice as well as her body language annoying. Still…

Next up: a months-long broad, prolonged investigation by a federal police agency supported by CSIS, following all the political ties and money flows, leaving no stone unturned. Right?

How about having Jody become the rapporteur.
Where 2/3 of her testimony to the Parliamentary Committee was veiled threats about finding the whistleblower and not about resolving the issue with a transparent, deep-dive?

No thanks…

G&M on point this morning
CRFE54WIKNFR5HHYIVN4TXVCUE.jpg

When was the last time you actually heard Poilievre speak about being pro-cryptocurrency. Sept 2022?

How many media reports have continued to bring this up?

Could it possibly, just possibly be that he won’t bring it up again until his party is in power?

The PM and this government is spitting on the graves of our war dead. Our soldiers didn’t die so this spoilt brat could cede our nation to China. I have a few expletives but I don’t want to be punted.

Back