• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB for Engineer

Gulruthina

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what would be the best CFB base for Combat Engineers, in terms of environment, how close it is to the City and etc?

You could use Google....Google is your friend.  Do you speak French?  Do you like "Camping"?  So many questions.  So few clues what you really want.

The "best" for one person is "hell" for another.

Why don't you tell us what you like/prefer and we can tell you what bases match.

If by "the City" you mean Toronto, Petawawa is probably your best bet.  For a first posting anyway.

hmpt....as compared to what?  ;D

Kat Stevens said:

It's a dry cold...............and the provincial bird is small, very small...............

Right from the Forces website:

On successful completion of Basic MOC Training, Combat Engineers can expect to be posted to one of the following units:

1 Combat Engineer Regiment (1 CER) in Edmonton, Alberta;
2 Combat Engineer Regiment (2 CER) in Petawawa, Ontario;
4 Engineer Support Regiment (4 ESR) in Gagetown, New Brunswick; or
5e Régiment du génie de combat (5 RGC) in Valcartier, Quebec.

PMedMoe said:
Right from the Forces website:

On successful completion of Basic MOC Training, Combat Engineers can expect to be posted to one of the following units:

1 Combat Engineer Regiment (1 CER) in Edmonton, Alberta;
2 Combat Engineer Regiment (2 CER) in Petawawa, Ontario;
4 Engineer Support Regiment (4 ESR) in Gagetown, New Brunswick; or
5e Régiment du génie de combat (5 RGC) in Valcartier, Quebec.

I did some research and CFB Edmonton seems to be the closest one to the City, I think.

Gulruthina said:
I did some research and CFB Edmonton seems to be the closest one to the City, I think.

:facepalm:

You'll get posted to where your are needed the most......

From the CME CWO Conf:

1 and 5 CER are shrinking but 2 and 4 are growing, Sqn each,  moving posns around.

NFLD Sapper said:
:facepalm:

You'll get posted to where your are needed the most......

From the CME CWO Conf:

1 and 5 CER are shrinking but 2 and 4 are growing, Sqn each,  moving posns around.

Idiots

Back