Case against Minneapolis officers appears to be unraveling

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Donald H said:
Haggis and Target UP, I think Canada is the best country in the world, regardless of whether it's under the Liberals or Conservatives, bar none!

I have stood on that wall for Canada wearing a green or blue uniform for over 40 years.  It is a wonderful, beautiful country with some of the smartest, kindest and most giving people in the world.

However, what I think of Canada internationally is irrelevant. My post was to make the point that Canada has not been taken seriously on the world stage since 2015 and probably  will retain that ignominious status for the foreseeable future.

Donald H

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haggis said:
However, what I think of Canada internally is irrelevant. My post was to make the point that Canada has not been taken seriously on the world stage since 2015 and probably  will retain that ignominious status for the foreseeable future.

I've also been around for more than 65 years but I didn't wear the uniform for nearly as long as you did. And I won't ask you what you mean by internally because you're said it's irrelevant and that tells me you don't want to discuss it further.

But I 'will' take an opposing position on your comment of Canada not being taken seriously on the world stage since 2015. My point is, that which counts for your opinion is in my opinion quite possibly not the same for the majority of Canadians.

I can only guess on what your opinion is founded so why not tell us what your think happened in 2015 that stopped Canada being taken seriously on the world stage.

:cheers:

Retired AF Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Haggis said:
However, what I think of Canada internally is irrelevant. My post was to make the point that Canada has not been taken seriously on the world stage since 2015 and probably  will retain that ignominious status for the foreseeable future.

"internally"?? Or did you mean "internationally" ?

Donald H

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haggis said:
Gosh darn otto korrect.  Fixed.

Now it makes more sense! But makes me doubly curious as to what you think happened to Canada in 2015 on the international scene to cause us to be regarded not so highly?

Could you have possibly meant 1995? That makes a lot of sense to me but I won't lead the conversation in that direction right now.

Your opinions are valuable to me. There's been a lot of water under your bridge. My bridge too and so I'll bring you a different perspective if I continue here.