• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can't do Reserves... now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o AXE

Inactive
Reaction score
so i just spoke to my recruiter the other day, and because I'm transferring to a University in the states next year, I cannot join the reserves (work 4 months in summer and 1 month over Christmas is not allowed like i expected). I have a passion to do something more for this country, and i hate the thought of having to wait 3 (and a half) years before i can join the reserves.

this question may seem absolutely ridiculous (and probably is), but i was wondering if there is any sort of summer job or ANYTHING that i can do to help the Canadian military during these University years. kind of like the step below reserves if there is one.

Thanks a lot guys (PS cannot wait till CANADA vs USA game tomorrow)

If you were already in the Reserves, you might be able to study in the US and be Excused Drill and Training for the year. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do, the CF isn't about handing out free summer student jobs. If you're really passionate about Canada and the CF, don't go to school in another country, or wait until you're finished your degree. I'm sure there's plenty of great schools in Canada with reserve units nearby.

You have your own reason to go study in US, but here a list of Canadian universities, a lot of good choices !

http://www.aucc.ca/can_uni/our_universities/index_e.html

Trust No One said:
The National Guard could be interesting.

Can you join the National Guard if you are not a citizen?  If you really want to do something for the "country" have you thought of volunteering with a hospital or soup kitchen?  Every little bit helps.  You don't have to trade bullets to be useful.

Trust No One said:
The National Guard could be interesting.

Unless he has a US Green Card, Citizenship or is Native he can not join the US Military.

We think if you're mature enough to be going off to a foreign university, you're smart enough to figure out the options and decide for yourself.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back