• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cansof reservist recruiting

C.G

Inactive
Reaction score
Does cansof take reservist applications seriously for the assaulter and operator position. Or is it just mainly full time guys?

They genuinely take them seriously. I have heard many stories of reserve guys attempting selection.

Reactions: C.G
Does cansof take reservist applications seriously for the assaulter and operator position. Or is it just mainly full time guys?
I know of several Reservists who were successful in joining CANSOFCOM units. Although my information is dated ( I retired almost 4 years ago), Reservists who were successful in the selection process for Assaulters were required to do a component transfer to the Reg F at either the start or completion of training.

I know of several Reservists who were successful in joining CANSOFCOM units. Although my information is dated ( I retired almost 4 years ago), Reservists who were successful in the selection process for Assaulters were required to do a component transfer to the Reg F at either the start or completion of training.
I know a few guys also who made it from P Res. CT as far as I know is still compulsory. Like you I left the CAF 4 years ago.

Yes they take them. I know a few that made it through. And some that didn’t. The guys I know that applied did what they could to prepare. PT, Nav, PT, weapons drills, PT, etc etc. A lot of it on their own time and dime.

As far as I can tell CANSOF takes its recruiting seriously and professionally at all times no matter who applies.

Back