• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]

SupersonicMax said:
So much debate on dress (and dress minutia of all!).

Meh, I was just curious.  I think having rank slides and nametapes that you can read more than 0.5cm away is a good idea. 

The 'Roo inside the Maple Leaf on their ball caps is a nice touch.

Eye In The Sky said:
What do you consider dress minutia?

Ensign vs flag
Color of patches
Wearing NCDs for Navy folks on Army/Air Force bases

None of which affect the outcome of a task/mission.

Agreed, we've gone a little overboard with it.  At my level, I don't get to decide it, just police and enforce it.  There seems to be an appetite for flashy things and/or patches and overdoing the "unique appearance" in both service dress and operational dress.  It seems to be the 'in thing', and not just in the CAF.

Regardless of how 'overdone' our current operational dress is, we (Officers, Warrant/Petty Officers, Snr and Jnr NCOs) still have a duty to know, police and enforce the direction from higher and to set a high standard for those we lead to follow.  Funny, though, the worst I've seen the patch police out since going AF was IMPACT ROTO 0 and...according to my Det HQ it was a fairly big focus of the ATF-I Commander.  Wasn't he a fighter guy?  8) 

*IF YOU WEAR YOUR SQN HERALDIC CREST OR PET THE CATS...ISIS WINS!!!*

Dimsum said:
Meh, I was just curious.  I think having rank slides and nametapes that you can read more than 0.5cm away is a good idea.

Maybe they couldn't get the 'right' ones from Clothing Stores and bought their own.  I've seen that happen before when Supply couldn't get CADPAT or flight suit nametags/badges;  there was 'no contract' in place or something.

The 'Roo inside the Maple Leaf on their ball caps is a nice touch.

yup!

As far as the Infantry is concerned, it should all come off before any kind of recce/ fighting patrol anyways  :nod:

daftandbarmy said:
As far as the Infantry is concerned, it should all come off before any kind of recce/ fighting patrol anyways  :nod:

To ensure OPSEC, each patrol will have a rear party of one soldier who collects the bling at the FLOT and returns it when the patrol RTBs. 

I like how the Army bubba has his sleeves rolled down in the Persian Gulf. Good lad for following the regulations directives. :salute:

Good2Golf said:
I like how the Army bubba has his sleeves rolled down in the Persian Gulf. Good lad for following the regulations directives. :salute:

Speaking of sleeve rolling, the rest could sure use a lesson on it....  ::)

;)

PMedMoe said:

;)
The new combats are junk for rolling sleeves, although why someone would want a wet ball of fabric sitting on their arms is beyond me anyway.  Not t mention sleeves down is a much better way to deal with the sun, pests and other occupational hazards!

PMedMoe said:

;)

You can't cover the patches!  :tsktsk:

MJP said:
Not t mention sleeves down is a much better way to deal with the sun, pests and other occupational hazards!

This is true.

Dimsum said:
You can't cover the patches!  :tsktsk:

Once again, can I say how glad I am to be out?  :whistle:

MJP said:
  Not t mention sleeves down is a much better way to deal with the sun, pests and other occupational hazards!

But if you put the sleeves down how are you going to get a great "farmer's tan"?

Blackadder1916 said:
But if you put the sleeves down how are you going to get a great "farmer's tan"?

Wait, that's what people *want* these days?

Millennials, I tell ya.  :rofl:

Dimsum said:
Wait, that's what people *want* these days?

Millennials, I tell ya.  :rofl:

Heaven forbid they actually went outside and did some actual work to get the sunburned arms.

Blackadder1916 said:
Leaders set the example;  the farmer's tan starts at mid-forearm... if you're cool.  :nod:

Journeyman said:
Leaders set the example;  the farmer's tan starts at mid-forearm... if you're cool.  :nod:

My late father who was an actual farmer rocked the best tan. I still remember the one time I saw him at our local beach wearing a swimsuit. From just above the elbow to his finger tips the tan was a very very dark brown. Same with the face as the tan started about an inch from the top of the eye brows. On the other hand, his torso, legs and forehead were so white he reflected the sunlight!

Back