• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN -076/14 No personal accessories.

Crispy Bacon said:
I thought he was getting at those guys who take out the internal support straps and replace them with foam or another, more comfortable system.

Ack, I'm sure that(ballistic helmet pads) is what he was trying to get at also and have edited my post to reflect that.

However there are also kits that retain a suspension system while also adding foam pads.. what do we do then?!?! EEKS!! We're all going to die!!!

Also, I'll add the good old boogey man chain of command reply to this thread:

"If it's not approved, you're not covered if you get injured, blah blah blah and your family will die poor"

Hoplite- said:
And if a Weapon Tech found no mechanical fault on a weapon that ND'd, that had a issue sling(or no sling), would the outcome(charge) be any different?

Depends on the situation, Environmental factors can also play a role. It also makes a difference to if its a live ammo ND or say a blank ND (which usually dont lead to a charge from what I've seen)

Just a bit of a side track.  It is your job for provide facts as to the mechanical performance of the weapon to the person conducting the investigation.  The investigator provides the relevant facts to a higher authority, who determines if there are grounds to lay a charge.

This is also true, I said provide benefit of the doubt because if there is something unknown within the situation, or another factor that could of played a role in it I would mention it.

I agree with the part that talks about painting weapons. The rest is just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeUYE1XNO5E

MilEME09 said:
Depends on the situation, Environmental factors can also play a role. It also makes a difference to if its a live ammo ND or say a blank ND (which usually dont lead to a charge from what I've seen)

Where are you living? Hans Island?

recceguy said:
Where are you living? Hans Island?

Alberta, Don't ask me why its like that, if your dumb enough to willfully ND you should be charged IMO, in my four years I've seen atleast 7 people get away with a ND with blanks. Culture of the reserves I guess

MilEME09 said:
Culture of the reserves I guess

Culture of specific units, I suspect.  I've seen Reservists charged for NDs with blanks.

But some COs seem to believe that no charges shows they're doing a good job, and therefore things are permitted to slide.

Having read the CANFORGEN I can see how it's a safety concern and this iisue needs to be addressed.

It's not like our small arms are weapons that have thousands if not millions of aftermarket parts and accessories created for them...also, it's not like the platform has been around since the 70s..

Oh, wait.

Its 1950s technology with a rail instead of carry handle, green parts, and a tri-ad bolted onto it. Turns out a non-issue sling might make it jam. True story.

Bzzliteyr said:
ERMAGHERD!! NERN ISSRE SLERNGS!!  RUN!!!!

Really when so many people are using non-issued slings, maybe instead of constantly just charging people and making a mess maybe they should think "well if all these people aren't using the issued slings, maybe there is something wrong with them?" like not working well with the C7A2

We're gonna have to resort to issuing neck stocks again to keep the troops' heads up when they hear about this. But remember, only ISSUED neck stocks are allowed!

Mr. St-Cyr said:
We're gonna have to resort to issuing neck stocks again to keep the troops' heads up when they hear about this. But remember, only ISSUED neck stocks are allowed!

You just reminded me of our RSM's quest to rid our unit of non-issued kit, if it aint issued he is coming for you

It is a well known fact that an army at peace turns against itself. Gotta have offensive action somewhere, right?

It's direction. Debate it, complain about it, but when it comes right down to it...you will follow it.

Jammer said:
It's direction. Debate it, complain about it, but when it comes right down to it...you will follow it.

Clearly you did not know me when I was in uniform...  ;D

1) Ignore
2) UCR
3) Write service paper and continue with 1).

Back