• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Soldier, Wife and Baby killed in Car Crash

ZacheryK

Inactive
Reaction score
CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Monday, March 23, 2015 9:05AM EDT
Last Updated Monday, March 23, 2015 3:12PM EDT

A Canadian soldier from Ontario, his wife and baby son are dead after a multi-vehicle accident in South Carolina over the weekend.

The crash occurred Saturday night in the northbound lanes of what local media reports describe as a busy portion of the I-95.

The accident involved five vehicles, including two tractor trailers, local police said. Footage from the scene showed multiple police cruisers and fire trucks at the scene.

Emergency crews at the scene of a fiery crash on Interstate 95 in South Carolina late Saturday, March 21, 2015.

The accident shut down northbound traffic on the interstate for about 12 hours.

The Ontario victims have been identified as Pte. Jeremiah Cross, 34, of Garrison Petawawa; his wife Crystal Cross, 32; and their son Grayson Cross, 7 months.

Cross was on leave and the family was driving back from a vacation in Florida with friends, who were travelling in a separate vehicle.

Maj. Brian Lepack, acting commanding officer of 2 Service Battalion at Garrison Petawawa, said Cross joined the Canadian Forces nearly three years ago. He was training to be a vehicle technician, and was well-liked at the base.

“We all share in the loss of this fine young man and his family. Our focus now is on supporting Jeremiah’s family, and all members of our unit,” Lepack said in a statement.

“The death of a soldier at any time is difficult but this accident, which claimed the life of this young soldier, his wife and young child, is a tragedy which affects us all whether we are military or civilian.”

Two Pennsylvania residents, 51-year-old Jacqueline McCann and Barry Himes, 52, were also killed.

The cause of the crash is still under investigation.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-soldier-wife-7-month-old-baby-killed-in-u-s-crash-1.2292620

Terrible news I must say. Thoughts and prayers.

Sitting there at my desk today reading this I actually started to tear up.  What a tragedy.  Thoughts and prayers for them and their families as well as their military family in Pet.

The whole family.  I am very saddened to read this.  My condolences to all their friends and family back home. 

He was from my unit. We were all brought together today to be told the news. The entire unit was silent...very somber times. Many thoughts and prayers for a family taken from us much too soon.

Condolences to family, colleagues and friends  :salute:

It's bitter, but condolences.

Back