• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Senate- appointments and discussion

brihard

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
I don’t see a generic “Canadian Senate” thread, so I’ll leave this here. Two new Senators have been appointed, representing Alberta. I can imagine this will be a bit contentious for some as we ride out the final year of a minority government likely headed for defeat.

It is not going to play well in Alberta, (especially since there are two “elected” senators, awaiting appointment), but what else is new…

Charles Adler was appointed about 3 weeks ago. That appointment did not sit well with Indigenous leaders.

Im not a big fan of how long we leave these Senate vacancies. In my opinion they should be filled as soon as possible and there is no excuse for them to be vacant for a year or 3 as in this case

Charles Adler was appointed about 3 weeks ago. That appointment did not sit well with Indigenous leaders.
I saw that. From what I read, the complaint back then was found to have no merit and was considered “fair comment” since he was critical of First Nations governance and individual leaders, not attacking their race.

Having said that, I didn’t have a problem with his criticism of conservative parties recently, but he had also recently started gushing about Trudeau while trying to maintain his conservative street cred. It felt really weird to me, when even die-hard Liberals were dumping on Trudeau.

I get queasy when I see journalists or even opinion makers get high level political appointments.

Back