• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

no one needs 2500 square foot house with 3 bathrooms, a Jacuzzi, sauna and exercise room and almost everyone can learn to hang drywall and do other basic rennos.
I have 4 kids, 3 of whom are teens or pre-teen.They all have their own rooms, barring that we would have war and likely 2 less kids and one in Juvie for murder. My wife and I both work, and bathroom schedules clash.

I grew up with 8 people, 3 rooms,and an outhouse. Ain’t looking back fondly.

tc-365411-web-revised-greens-web-jpg.jpg

I have 4 kids, 3 of whom are teens or pre-teen.They all have their own rooms, barring that we would have war and likely 2 less kids and one in Juvie for murder. My wife and I both work, and bathroom schedules clash.

I grew up with 8 people, 3 rooms,and an outhouse. Ain’t looking back fondly.
This is why the wife and I decided one kid would do.

Or go full Robert A. Heinlein and "Service guarantees Citizenship" - where only those who do Federal service get citizenship and can vote...
I've been a fan of that big time in the past, but I'm also thinking that if we think of the biggest rodent fornicator we've ever served with, greasy and dodgy, dishonest etc., are they more likely to vote for the good of the whole more than the most intelligent, civic-minded civilian we know? After all, as of a few months ago, even this guy could vote under that system, right? ;) (OK, maybe not for much longer now, but still ...)

Not even the loudest voices. some of those 19 were given megaphones based on their geography.

FPTP worked when we were a small nation of 4 provinces. We are the second largest country by area in the world. Being "Canadian" unites us all when its the IIHF World juniors, but I guarantee the interests and concerns a person in St. John's has differ tremendously to someone in Calgary, and thus are not "Canadian" interests.

Moreover, it only serves to alienate the rest of the country to have Toronto and Montreal dictate who will run the country before the polls even close on the West Coast. Its lunacy like this that will lead to stronger calls for succession in places like Alberta. Hell even in rural Ontario there are a lot of people pissed off that Toronto called the election for them.
Preach brother!

Volume of population does not equal more important concerns. Or shouldn't anyways.

The problem is we're asking for the party that's benefiting most from the current system to change the system so that it doesn't favor them.

The NDP should be screaming from the mountains about this. They get, what, a million more votes than the BQ but less seats.

I'll admit I don't know the procedure here, was the only reason he released because he was going to be MND or because he was a MP?
As CO of a P Res unit and MND, it was, at least, a perceived conflict of interest. There is at least one other MP who is currently a P Res officer.

As CO of a P Res unit and MND, it was, at least, a perceived conflict of interest. There is at least one other MP who is currently a P Res officer.
Interesting, I wonder if they can show up on weekends or when parliament is not sitting and do work with the unit.

Last edited:
I don't see why not. Day job vs evening/weekend job. No different than me working for a federal public safety agency during the day and the CAF on weekends.

Okay, you've used two really odd examples so far... financial sector workers in Toronto, as if the rest of the country doesn't employ the same people, and now small businesses in Sudbury......... as if entrepreneurs can't / don't move to greener pastures. Government of Canada employees can transfer pretty easy, and generally get paid better than their private sector counterparts.

Aerospace employees? Steel workers? Which ones, specifically? You don't think they don't have transferable skills that will allow them to excel in other industries? The vast majority do, I suspect.
I just wanted to comment on this as I found it very funny. My Father-in-Law is a Steel Worker. He has worked in three different Countries for multiple companies in many different industrial settings. He has worked his way up from the floor all the way to Management.

The people that are part of USW today are highly skilled workers and are highly employable.... ANYWHERE.

How the Left see the results

And for all the money spent on the leader’s tour, which saw the party charter a plane and send Singh to 51 ridings, it doesn’t seem to have delivered much in the way of ROI. As former NDP candidate for York-Simcoe Jessa McLean tweeted, “NDP federal council took the rebates from the local ridings and poured it all into @theJagmeetSingh’s image and campaign… We’re not a movement. We’re an ad campaign.”

The 1600 sq ft boxes that were standard in the neighbourhood in which I grew up had a master + 2 bedrooms and full bathroom upstairs, and rec room, 2 rooms (potential bedrooms, or workshops, or whatever), and bathroom in the sub-basement. The houses were built with basements half-finished or unfinished. How much of the space made it to "finished" depended on the need of the family and industry of the father.

There is no statute or regulation that would force his release. See QR&O chapter 19, article 19.44.

The custom has been in recent years to not have Reg F or P Res members serve in the House (I am uncertain whether any members were in the Supp Res when serving as MPs).
It's a custom, not a law. Given the number of commitments that some reservists have and are still able to serve, I am not surprised. We should have an NCM in parliament to even everything out.

It's a custom, not a law. Given the number of commitments that some reservists have and are still able to serve, I am not surprised. We should have an NCM in parliament to even everything out.
Yeah, about that…Hellyer was an NCM…

I kid, because Brooke Claxton was arguably the best MND Canada ever had, and he was a BSM in WW1.

Back