• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Based on current vote results, CPC+PPC combined would have taken 21 additional seats.

In theory if every single one of those ridings had gone CPC, that would have given it to them by a tiny handful of seats. Given how tight some of the margins are though, not realistic to believe that. The PPC cost them seats, but not the election. I don’t think it even impacted the balance of power. The LPC have another strong minority that could be about as stable as they allow it to be.

Folks, gentle reminder we don't tolerate name calling no matter how much you despise someone. If your post is deleted, that's probably why.

- Milnet.ca Staff

Another observation: CPC again took a significant edge in the popular vote. That’s meaningless in its own right, but it shows that the LPC continue to achieve much more effective vote distribution. The CPC popular support in the prairies remains far in excess of what they need to take seats, and they’re lying for it in the east. It seems evident, at first glance, that their path to victory still has to run through the ideological centre. They have some real long term strategic soul searching to do here. If they discard O’Toole, or at least his efforts to modernize the party and pull it centre, they are likely dooming themselves to a long stint in opposition. I wonder to what extent a demographic shift away from Conservatism might be cementing this as a long term trend.

While plenty of votes to count and over 30 races yet called, it looks like we are right back where we started at 157 lib, 122 cpc. If that holds, then we spent 600 million for the status quo

While plenty of votes to count and over 30 races yet called, it looks like we are right back where we started at 157 lib, 122 cpc. If that holds, then we spent 600 million for the status quo
then we spent wasted 600 million for the status quo and put a country through alot of pain and division that it didn't need during the middle of a pandemic -

then we spent wasted 600 million for the status quo and put a country through alot of pain and division that it didn't need during the middle of a pandemic -
The fact that 32% of the Canadian voters didn't get that, is what I find even more baffling.

The fact that 32% of the Canadian voters didn't get that, is what I find even more baffling.
My guess is that they looked at the alternatives and picked the least-worst.

I didn't vote CPC because while I had every faith that O'Toole would try to steer that party's ship back to centre, there are enough social conservative elements in that party that made me think that he'd lose that battle, and we'd get something too far right for me.

My guess is that they looked at the alternatives and picked the least-worst.

I didn't vote CPC because while I had every faith that O'Toole would try to steer that party's ship back to centre, there are enough social conservative elements in that party that made me think that he'd lose that battle, and we'd get something too far right for me.
I think we saw a lot of socons shift to the PPC, which I bet was part of the plan

On the other hand the Conservative insiders would be trying to stick knives in O'Toole 's back even if he had won the election. It seems to be a spinal reflex.
Idiots !!
Oh, by the way it seems that Mad Max was given his pink slip tonight by his riding 's voters.
And so was the leader of the Green Party and while I disagreed with her I rather liked her . Unlike Bernier she didn't seem to be in it purely for her ego's sake.

For those that voted for the Trudeau Liberals after ALL the nonsense that man has put this country through, it really makes me think these people are locked deeply into a political cult mind set and refuse to face reality

Well the reality, at least for me at this moment, is the loss of about $15,000 based on the OiC on newly prohibited firearms. I'm also sure that that list will now be expanded costing me more of my retirement funds. What amazes me more than anything are the amount of gun owners that voted PPC knowing it would help get trudeau re-elected, resulting in the theft of their property by the government. I'm creating a bald spot scratching my head on that one.

Some really poor performers keep getting elected as MPs as well; no idea how someone like Cheryl Gallant keeps getting elected, and maintains here riding nomination for the CPC. There are some really great MPs that get voted in regardless of party affiliation, but she's probably an example of an MP that only gets in because of party affiliation, and actually is an active disservice to their riding.

For those that voted for the Trudeau Liberals after ALL the nonsense that man has put this country through, it really makes me think these people are locked deeply into a political cult mind set and refuse to face reality
I’m not so sure. It has a lot to do with the alternatives being offered I think. I see this as a get back to work already sort of thing. O’Toole fell victim to his inexperience in a national campaign turning off some of his supporters and events that were untimely for him. In the context of a pandemic he said a lot things most Canadians didn’t want to hear from a leader.

Back