• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Dress in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadets are subject to their own dress regs as laid out in CATOs and QR&Os(cadets).  My question is this;  I have not seen any updates recently, however I have seen females with the braids and such. I have seen the updates to the CF dress regs, but Pretty sure this is not approved for cadets.  Any Comments?

Braids are good to go for air cadets. See page 5 of Annex F in the provided link.

http://www.cadets.ca/support/cato-oaic/intro_e.asp?cato=55-04

Not sure for the other elements....

condor888000 said:
Braids are good to go for air cadets. See page 5 of Annex F in the provided link.

http://www.cadets.ca/support/cato-oaic/intro_e.asp?cato=55-04

Not sure for the other elements....

It should be common across the board.

Braids were allowed at my ACR, it if helps clear up any of the matter!

WO Saorse said:
Braids were allowed at my ACR, it if helps clear up any of the matter!
i personally do not like the braids. they do not look sharp like someone with their hair in a bun.

Cadets HAVE to be clean shaven, male cadets who wear earings must either take it out or put a band-aid over in when in uniform.  Hair for males must be short and not touching the ears and hair for females is in a bun or above th collar on their uniform.

:salute: Fallschirmjager  :salute:

go read the CATOs bucko...

3RCR_duhamel said:
Cadets HAVE to be clean shaven, male cadets who wear earings must either take it out or put a band-aid over in when in uniform.
Male cadets are not permitted to wear earings...at all. No questions about it. Females are permitted to wear only 1 gold or silver stud in the lobe of each ear. No questions about it.

3RCR_duhamel said:
Hair for males must be short and not touching the ears and hair for females is in a bun or above th collar on their uniform.
As I said, go read the CATOs, and you will understand exactly what is and is not acceptable.

Love793 said:
It should be common across the board.
Yes it should but unfortunatley the air cadet regs were just updated and to my knowledge the others haven't been yet....
The ones for Sea Cadets date to April 1993, the Army Cadets to Jan 1994, while the Air Cadet ones were updated in Mar 2005. As the braids were just put into the regs last year or the year before they wouldn't be in the Army/Sea CATO's, or at least they shouldn't. And I don't remember them being in them.

-Hutch- said:
i personally do not like the braids. they do not look sharp like someone with their hair in a bun.
I completely agree, expessially when doing drill...hair everywhere! I'm all for updating to keep Cadets relevent and in touch with today's youth but you need to draw the line. What's next, guys can have long hair aslong as it's braided?! The hippies are taking over and I don't like it!

To quote Eric Cartman, "Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad. I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!"

It doesn't matter if you like it or not.  Those are the rules and they are to be followed.

ouyin2000 said:
go read the CATOs bucko...
Male cadets are not permitted to wear earings...at all. No questions about it. Females are permitted to wear only 1 gold or silver stud in the lobe of each ear. No questions about it.

well one question. is it not supposed to be only gold studs? there is a thing called uniformity

I just love cadets at my school that parade around wearing their OD's from time to time.. a good laugh. I haven't said anything, I will let them have their little fun.

Anyways, I have recently realized the cadet program should not be looked down upon. It is created by the very smart people in our government to take children while they are young and influenceable, stress military values and procedures, physically condition them, while at the same time giving them the "high" they get from commanding other kids. Then they are introduced to the "cool stuff" the military does eg. firing the C7, rappelling, NAV. In turn, this will hopefully one day drive them to actually join the military... why else would the government sponsor a program like this? "To keep them off the streets" nah, they (gov't) are in it for their own gain.

Hmm, had to get this off my mind... Don't get me wrong, I have met quite a few ex-cadets in the military that are excellent troops.

Am I off topic? Well then, ignore last.  :P

(I would've told him a thing or two but I wasn't in uniform)
1.Why would you not being in uniform preclude you from informing this individual that THERE IS SOMETHING INHERENTLY WRONG with changing into his uniform on a form of PUBLIC transportation???
From 20-30 feet away the only way to tell they were non-military was by their dress and deportment,
2.Seems easy enough for me, must be the prepubescent looks that tip me off....
the specific example I observed was a Hamilton Infantry unit Cadet Corps member wearing fake Cadpat with his unit's beret... so he looked almost identical to an accuall soldier.
See #2

Kyle Burrows said:
It doesn't matter if you like it or not.  Those are the rules and they are to be followed.
Never said I wasn't going to follow the rules ::)

2332Piper said:
But just for you, I'll dig out the old tin foil hat just in case.
Ah yes, the tin foil hat, it has served me well in the past... stopping MLB from reading my mind.

Half of my rant was sarcasm... I really hate hippies, I really think they're trying to take over and I really don't like braids but oh well, life goes on.

Regarding cadet uniforms, this keeps coming up here, so I'll repost this from a previous thread:

I refer you to Army Cadet bulletin 04-008 from the Regional Cadet Support Unit (Pacific)
which says (link to pdf document at bottom) ;

" ........  Cadets may continue to purchase new or used military-style field dress from surplus stores or use suitable civilian clothing.  Some Corps Sponsor Committees have elected to help cadets acquire military pattern field dress. While the use of the old style olive drab "combat" clothing is acceptable, in such cases, cadets must also wear an armlet (brassard) that has the RCAC badge attached.  Cadet Rank and Affiliated Unit shoulder flashes also may be attached to this armlet.

The Army office of the RCSU (Pacific) continues to strongly discourage the use of Canadian Forces CADPAT (including imitation) by Army Cadets.  This pattern of clothing makes it difficult to distinguish cadets from members of the regular and reserve force and may cause confusion when CF members are present. CADPAT is a restricted clothing pattern intended solely for CF personnel and it is issued only to members of the CF (including CIC). Allowing cadets (or Civilian Instructors) to wear "acquired" CADPAT is a violation of CF policy. Allowing cadets to wear military style clothing that closely resembles CADPAT also would be a violation of the spirit of that policy.  ......... "

http://www.regions.cadets.ca/pac/armcad/pdf/ACB%2004-008%20TEMPORARY%20CLOSUR.pdf

-Hutch- said:
well one question. is it not supposed to be only gold studs? there is a thing called uniformity
nope, gold or silver, but they must be a pair, IE not gold in 1 ear and silver in the other

And old medic, i agree with what Pac Reg has stated there completely. my cadets keep asking me if they are allowed to wear CADPAT if they manage to get some (or look alikes), and i keep discouraging them from it. We have a couple of great surplus stores here in Victoria and surrounding areas, that sell the regular OD combats for a much cheaper price than CADPATs, and they're just as good as many CADPAT combats you could find

ouyin2000 said:
nope, gold or silver, but they must be a pair, IE not gold in 1 ear and silver in the other

oh OK. i always thought it was only gold studs.

I am in the same corps as mcpl_spunky, and I have to agree with her my females hair is disgusting. I along with her and the other female Seniors offer help to them but getting them to accept it is rather hard. however I did notice a large improvement throughout the training year. When it came time for our ACR my females hair was great, only a few had to get fixed. however i disagree with her on the fact that my male cadets hair is good, I shall have to say that for the most part it is good. Next year I am hoping that it shall improve. As for the fact of cadets displaying themselves like that in public, it is a major disgrace to their corps as well as them selves. I am very proud of my cadets because the Seniors rarely have to speak to them about their conduct while in public.

For the troubles we have on training nights, we're pretty good in public. In Judique, two cadets showed up to a Remembrance Day ceremony without uniform. They were discharged from the Corps the next day!

well if my cadets show up to a ceremony with out a uniform they better be in black and white or else they wont be aloud to do it but they show up in uniform most of the time, or they just don't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back