• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C III R Medals

So when will the 'There's a New King!!!' medal be issued in honour of this great occasion, and when will COs and RSMs expect to be able to book their appointments with the right people to have it added to their 'Canada 125 et al' gong racks? ;)
Normally a coronation medal is struck for that occasion, though given that the GOC couldn't be bothered to issue one for the Platinum Jubilee it is anyone's guess if we get one....and if they do strike one, its another guess as to whether they turn it into some convoluted recognition of merit like they did to the Diamond Jubilee Medal.

Normally a coronation medal is struck for that occasion, though given that the GOC couldn't be bothered to issue one for the Platinum Jubilee it is anyone's guess if we get one....and if they do strike one, its another guess as to whether they turn it into some convoluted recognition of merit like they did to the Diamond Jubilee Medal.
Previous Coronation medals were struck and only those participating in the Coronation contingents received them.

It's only in recent years have we turned a commemorative collectable medal into something that "has merit"

If there is a coronation medal issued in Canada (who knows at this point), it would be AFTER the actual coronation. I think that coronation medals were only for those who participated in some way, so if Canada doesn't send any kind of honour guard or something like that, there might not be a Canadian version.
Edit - I was typing when the last post was made, didn't see it until after I posted.

Back