• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Braille scale ambulances

larry Strong

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I do WW2 war gaming using Rapid Fire rules. These are for the PzGdr elements of the Fuhrer Grenadier Brigade build that i am doing to use in some late war eastern front scenarios that I am designing. The first is an old Esci/Ertl 251 ausf C kit, you can see the damage from when I removed the water tank. The second is a Dragon 251 ausf D based on a picture in the Osprey 251 book.
The bases are 3 inches long....should a put a quarter down

0112.jpg

2ambs.jpg

251C.jpg

251Dcopy.jpg

Thanks for looking  :salute:

Danjanou said:
Larry now try painting and gaming in 1/600 scale 8)

Lol ;D........ahhh......no. I use 4.5 power reading glasses already to do 20mm....I would need coke bottle bottoms to do 6mm. Besides which I just got conned into ACW in 28mm and I hate starting a new scale. I already have enough drawers filled with new kits, don't need to add more dressers....... :tsktsk:

Hey I only game and paint in 15mm and 3mm now. Surprisingly the scale is very forgiving for my ancient shaky hands and failinmg eyes.

What do you play in 3mm. I play Rapid Fire as mentioned in 20mm and Black Powder in both 20mm and 28mm. I hate starting a new scale as a) I have to many irons in the fire now. and b) it costs to much to start a new army in a different scale.

MkIV1.jpg

Late war Mk IV based off of photos from Squadron Signals "4 Panzer Div vol 2"

Just started using Cold War Commander, really easy to grasp rule sets. After some debate on using 1/285th micro armour we went to 1/600 scale from picoarmour. They're actually the US distributor for the Polish Company that makes the vehicles.

Average tank size is about a fingernail, but really nice detail. Bonus is the price, a full strength (31 tanks) Warsaw Pact 1980's Tank Bn will set you back about $7-8.00.

I'll start another thread here with my latest painted toys.

Danjanou said:
Just started using Cold War Commander, really easy to grasp rule sets. After some debate on using 1/285th micro armour we went to 1/600 scale from picoarmour. They're actually the US distributor for the Polish Company that makes the vehicles.

Average tank size is about a fingernail, but really nice detail. Bonus is the price, a full strength (31 tanks) Warsaw Pact 1980's Tank Bn will set you back about $7-8.00.

I'll start another thread here with my latest painted toys.
I have often wanted to look at those rules as I have heard that they are good for WW2 as well. I have 30 years of 20mm stock stashed in my basement ::) I also happen to have 6 x 6mm BMP 1's if you are interested....

Larry

From what I've heard/ read the WW2 version Blitzkerig Commander plays very similar.

Back