• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boeing and Porsche team up to develop flying electric car

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Given some of the drivers I've seen, I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

Boeing and Porsche, meet George Jetson.

The U.S. aircraft giant and German sports car maker announced Thursday they are teaming up to "explore the premium urban air mobility market and the extension of urban traffic into airspace," through "a fully electric vertical takeoff and landing vehicle."

Translation: They want to develop an electric vehicle that can fly.

The announcement did not include any details about the amount of money or other resources the two companies plan to invest in the effort, or a target date or price range.

[More on link]

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/boeing-and-porsche-team-up-to-develop-flying-electric-car-1.4634101?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvvancouverisland%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5da2cc0d594d1700014c38d0&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2kzGKcLVqyPtXyF2-AnlcVKUYPfTGjY-xHdf9ZCTCukTvhdiWegrrZm-w

Pluses

More reasons to take the driver out of the loop and just turn them into freight.
Take the vehicles out of the pedestrian zone by exploiting the third dimension.

Minuses

Takes the driver out of the loop and just turns them into freight
Air traffic control

As Neil DeGrasse Tyson once said...  "We have flying cars.  They're called helicopters."    :D

I suppose at first, because the traffic will be so unbelievably small, as long as they are automated with pre-programmed flight routes, we'll be okay.

I've seen drivers who can't even seem to drive in a straight line without screwing it up.  Not sure we should trust those same people with something that flies...

Back