• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Backed Up?

Cridden

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, I started my application process the first of April, had my medical and interview on May 11th and have now been waiting for "the call" for almost a month now. When I talked to the recruiting center here in Fredericton yesterday, they said my file was all good to go, but they were waiting to hear back from Ottawa. I asked about a tentative time frame and was told that St. Jean is pretty backed up, and that classes were full. I was hoping to get a July class, but from the looks of it, I may be waiting till mid to late fall.....Has anyone else had this issue? and is BMQ really backed up?
Oh and I'm joining as a Cook. Full red seal chef with 15 yrs experience in the trade...hope to get in soon and create some great food....not enough cooks posting here :)

End of July BMQ's are almost full but beginning of August just opened up. You won't have to wait until the fall. Best of luck.

CFR FCS

Cridden said:
Oh and I'm joining as a Cook. Full red seal chef with 15 yrs experience in the trade...hope to get in soon and create some great food....not enough cooks posting here :)

Good show, In my Books, Cooks are the salt of the Earth.

It only a guess, but you'll probably end up in a Officers Mess or Ward Room.

Best of Luck.

Cheers.

I was wondering the same about DEO? Would it be the same BMQ? I couldn't et any timeline at all, so I am wondering how people get their knowledge of whether a course is open or backed up.

DEOs do BMOQ, not BMQ. 

Someone who has a smick about BMOQ course loading will have to chime in for the dates.

FastEddy said:

Good show, In my Books, Cooks are the salt of the Earth.

It only a guess, but you'll probably end up in a Officers Mess or Ward Room.

You're kidding, right?  That would be gainful employment of skilled personnel.  More likely he or she will be doing gourmet box lunches.  ;D

BMOQ dates are 7 Sep.

Best cooks usually end up in WO And Sgt's Mess as the Base / Bde chief cook is usually a CWO OR MWO and they take care of their own first!

Back