• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ-A

JBart

Inactive
Reaction score
Any info on what to expect from BMOQ-A in Gagetown? Any tips moving forward? Thanks!

Be as physically fit as you can. Being out of shape on course is like playing a video game on hard mode.

Teach yourself to separate from electronics, social media, and texting people every 30 seconds before you go on course.

Your instructors likely have years worth of experience of catching students trying to pull little tricks and take short cuts. A shortcut you think you figured out has been tried before,

Don't lie no matter how insignificant it might seem. Leave your ego at home, accept mistakes, learn from it and move on.

Stay away from dating or trying to screw around with course mates.

Don't over pack.

Get used to waking up very early and going to bed very late.

Be as physically fit as you can.

I feel like these are great tips for BMOQ/BMQ in general but any tips or expectations for BMOQ-A in particular?

Be prepared to walk/ruck. You will walk to the range, on your nav week, the recee patrols. I did it in the summer and our Course O said "welcome to your summer of walking." It was very true.

Otherwise, it is just busy. When not in the field, you will be busy in the night doing the lesson plans, and then the Range Orders. Not particularly difficult but a slog.

I feel like these are great tips for BMOQ/BMQ in general but any tips or expectations for BMOQ-A in particular?
Sure, wear your headlamp around your neck and not on your head when you're in the woods.

We lost people all the time because they were fit enough for BMQ/BMOQ but they were not conditioned enough to walk in boots under weight as much as we did on the BMOQ-A/CAP course

Back