• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMO Adds in Pay Stubs

markppcli

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the July pay statements include adds for BMO in the notes?

It is almost as bad as the Bell advertisement as part of their Lets Talk.

Yes, and I'm wondering why a private entity gets to advertise direct to CAF members like that... is this how we're making up L101 budget cuts by selling ad space?

Yes, and I'm wondering why a private entity gets to advertise direct to CAF members like that... is this how we're making up L101 budget cuts by selling ad space?
Wait until you see the sponsorship logos on the new combat uniforms!

Happy Hour Yes GIF by Busch

BMO does the defence banking, so it makes some sense that they are pushing it through the pay statements.

I use the BMO defence banking plan, but they absolutely should not be getting placement right on CAF pay stubs.
Why not?

The whole point of the plan is that we get a benefit from the bank, and they get preferential placement to advertise in our establishments and on our electronic systems.

It's not like they are automatically opening accounts and depositing your pay there, they are simply advertising a service directly related to CAF pay...

Last edited:
Why not?

The whole point of the plan is that we get a benefit from the bank, and they get preferential placement to advertise in our establishments and on our electronic systems.

It's not like they are automatically opening accounts and depositing your pay there, they are simply advertising a service directly related to CAF pay...
I guess I just see a bit of a difference between “advertise in our CANEX” versus getting to slap their logo on official correspondence to the individual members. It’s just a bit closer than I’m personally comfortable seeing a department and a corporate business. That’s just me though.

I guess I just see a bit of a difference between “advertise in our CANEX” versus getting to slap their logo on official correspondence to the individual members. It’s just a bit closer than I’m personally comfortable seeing a department and a corporate business. That’s just me though.
As I need to take this Pay stub over to any number of other financial institution to renew my mortgage... it makes life awkward as well.

If I worked at a bank and saw someone bring in a pay stub with an ad that doesn't even have correct spelling I'd assume that it's a fake...

Fair point, and to be clear, I'm not in favor of it. I just see why they would go that route, and what the reasoning behind that choice could be.

Back