• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blogger: Military parents have no right to leave their kids orphaned

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Mod squad:  if you see this fitting better elsewhere, please feel free to move - thanks!

WTF?!?/emotion-generating content warning

LOTS of good comments already posted to the original post, but I was still flabbergasted at the concept - fifth column anyone?
.... Message to all parent soldiers: You do not have the right to leave your kids without a mother or a father. Think about this and make the toughest decision you will ever make in your life. Do whatever it takes and go home to your families.

I am sick of seeing picture after picture of slain Canadian and American soldiers and hearing their loved ones talk about how much these soldiers loved their kids. If you really love your kids, be there to teach them how to ride their bikes, be there when they're sick, be there to read them books before they go to bed, be there to celebrate their successes, be there to help them cope with their failures, be there to see them graduate and be there to see them get married.

I repeat - you do not have the right to leave your kids without a mother or a father. Do you really think that your presence is essential to the effort in Afghanistan? Of course, it's not. If EVERY parent soldier reported to their superiors tomorrow and conscientiously objected to any further participation (on the grounds that it would be immoral to leave their kids without a parent), do you know what would happen? The Canadian and American governments would have to entice more soldiers without children and probably pay more than they currently pay in order to keep the ranks properly bolstered. Of course, you know that every parent soldier won't heed this call. In fact, you might be the only one ... and the fact that you make this decision might be the difference between your kids growing up with you or not ....

Link to .pdf permalink of post here in case it disappears.

I couldn't resist putting on a comment on there, such a disgusting article.

This blog really ticked me off, I was gonna respond, but I read some of the responses posted...A few people beat me to it and did a better job of sorting out this jack***.

Cheers

So many preconceived ideas in so few words is appalling.
The die-hard atheists crowd is getting more stupid than the fanatical religious folks.

"What we have are legions of janitor's sons and daughters giving their lives to pursue a war against terror when we all know this is a war than can't be won" -The Atheist Missionary
Indeed, I am flabbergasted!

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." -Soren Kierkegaard

LOL - Being a blogger, I know that they live for traffic. That tool is gonna see a nice spike in his numbers that I can happily say I didn't contribute to...  He has a right to his opinion, and even a ton of negative comments won't change his mind.

Wow, I just love reading the prejudiced tripe coming from the mouths of the ignorant now days.

I wonder if that clown ever looked up sedition under the criminal code. Calling for soldiers to quit the army... Ahh well, not that our court system has the stomache to follow through with any such charge.

And no, I would not enjoy having a beer with that clown lol.

I have a son with autism.  Sometimes,he can say some hurtful, shocking, infuriating things.  I don't hold it against him, as I realize where it's coming from.

Looks like the original post has since been removed from the blogger's blog

and to him I must seem like something evil... joining the military for the sake of my family and children

How dishonest and weasely is that? You write something, you are proven to be an idiot, and then you delete it?

Well, at least nobody else has to read the garbage spewed by this unscrupulous ass.

So to follow his logic, all of us parents should wrap ourselves in bubble wrap and never leave the houses, lest we somehow get into a situation that will leave our children mother or fatherless?

I guess parents who are killed in car accidents have no right to be on the road, either...

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I guess our own Tony could forsee the future?
You give me too much credit for my prescience - I may just be more paranoid suspicious than some many about how some things just "disappear" from the internet (Google Cache notwithstanding)....  ;D

I noticed in all his "be there" comments he left out such things as:

be there to teach them to have a back bone

be there to teach them to stand up for what is right

be there to teach them to defend others

be there to teach them to defend their country

I think everyone can add enough other be theres

could it be because the best way to do this is to be there in other parts of the world teaching by example?

I think this is one of those "Let's try to get the military to stop being military" things that pops up every couple of years. There was some sort of mail out scenario with the Van doos two or three years ago when they were getting ready to deploy. It was talked about on here. A lot of the same comments were made then too. I really have to wonder if these people really beleive what they are typing or do they think that we have no hounour at all. Conscentious objectors. Yea right!!! Just once I would like one of those dummies to sit down and talk to a member. Just to get the truth before they start ranting without benefit of intelligence. :salute:
Feet

Back