• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best posting for experience?

The difference the MP/MPO trade has specific education requirements.

We don’t have that. We are competitive in a different way. One of the best ways to show the things needed is to chase education. It’s also not the only way.

All education is good. I encourage all my people to be chasing education constantly. I’m big on it.

I just also know the weight of the degree is often not what people think it is.
Yea, from what I heard RCMP is super competitive. That is why I am applying for other policing jobs as well. I know that MP is not the best for policing but I still want to try it. The reason why I want MP instead of MPO, is that I heard MPO is mainly a administrative role and desk job. You rarely get any good experience from it, so I want to be an MP instead. I also heard that in terms of degree for RCMP, they do not care what degree it is. It is about the skills you acquire from the degree that matters.

A degree is not the be all end all. It’s also definitely not ‘overqualified’. Some sort of post secondary, either college or university, is mostly normal. Those without either probably have some impressive work history- a few of the CAF vets I’ve seen get in fall into that category.

But yeah, as said above, the process is a long haul, and you’ll be graduated well before your file is reaching anything close to a first culling phase.

Do what you’re comfortable with. If that’s waiting a couple more months, all good. Though that could be a couple months earlier to retire on the other end. Weird way to think about it, but time is the thing you can’t reliably get more of. If your only concern is getting the paper on the wall first, I think we can all assure you that with how close you are, it’s not a concern.
Yea for MP, I can't continue my application without my degree anyways because they need my final transcript. I applied for MP earlier last year and even did the CFAT, but they said they had to put my application on hold because I technically don't meet the requirements for MP yet, which is that degree. So as soon as I get my final transcript I am going to contact them and get the application open again.

Are you applying to be an MP or an MPO?

Never mind- I saw your post

Yea, from what I heard RCMP is super competitive. That is why I am applying for other policing jobs as well. I know that MP is not the best for policing but I still want to try it. The reason why I want MP instead of MPO, is that I heard MPO is mainly a administrative role and desk job. You rarely get any good experience from it, so I want to be an MP instead. I also heard that in terms of degree for RCMP, they do not care what degree it is. It is about the skills you acquire from the degree that matters.

There is a very interesting career in MP. It’s not the most interesting “police work” but I worked with some MPs a few years ago and they had very interesting careers, not all of it had a police equivalent. It’s what you make it.

As with most things in life- if you want interesting experience it’s out there. It won’t fall in your lap. (Generally)

I

There is a very interesting career in MP. It’s not the most interesting “police work” but I worked with some MPs a few years ago and they had very interesting careers, not all of it had a police equivalent. It’s what you make it.

As with most things in life- if you want interesting experience it’s out there. It won’t fall in your lap. (Generally)

I
I was wondering I know MP is a purple trade, I was wondering if you are guaranteed your element choice? For instance, if I say I want to be air force, will I be placed in that element or is it whatever spots they have available? I know its mainly a DEU difference, but just curious

Back