• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Hockey Goalie Fights

Which goalie fight in hockey was the best, or most classic?

• Total voters

Baloo

Reaction score
Well, I was missing hockey tonight (again...) and so, I thought I'd rekindle some fond memories of the NHLs best goalie fights. Rare, sometimes laughable, but always enjoyable.

I always loved watching Gilmour crack up when Potvin and Hextall met.

However, my personal favourite was watching Hasek take a dive at Roy's knee, and having said opponent beat the snot out of him.

Thoughts?

I remember being, like five, and watching the Potvin-Hextall fight. I didn't quite grasp then why those two guys were beating the crap out of one another, but it's the most memerable one in my mind.

Then again, Roy has had quite a number of great bouts ;D

Hi RMC Wannabe,

I'm a little older (haha) and I remember Potvin-Hextall vividly. Actually, they didn't really beat the crap out of "each other". Hextall had a feared reputation as a volatile headcase up to that night and I remember there was a bench-clearing brawl and all of a sudden Hextall is steaming down the ice toward Potvin who is standing in the Toronto net. Potvin was a real mild-mannered quiet kid and I remember thinking "Oh God, Hextall is going to kill Felix". Well Hextall gets to the Toronto crease and Felix just lays the most comprehensive beating on Hextall - it was unbelievable - and sweet, because Hextall was really a total a..hole. No goalie fight compares to that one. You never heard much about Hextall after that and he was out of hockey not long after.

I remember Dan Cloutier waving Tommy Salo to center ice they they could go at it. Cloutier being a total nut case didn't fare to well against the Swed . When Salo ripped his helmet off and charged at Cloutier i was like what is he doing he's going to get tuned, then Salo turned the tables and beat Cloutier into submission

My favourite would have to be Roy-Hasek. That was a good one. I can't remember who it was, but there was a really good one a Sens and Flyers goalies...........can't remember who or when for the life of me, but it was a good one.....

I vote for Patrick Roy!! It's the best goon goalie! :threat:

I was at the game when potvin and hextall went at it. Their fight was OK, it was everyone else that made it memorable. It was a bench clearer. The equipment manager were having a fit trying to figure out what equipment was who's not to mention the ref handing out penalties for five mins. Needless to say it was great for on for hockey for a while after that.