• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Because we are Canadians

pegged

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
This book came out around Rememberance day. It is a first person account of WWII, through the eyes of Sgt. Charles D. Kipp. I have read many American first person accounts of war, in order to further my understanding of war. I was eager to find a Canadian account, and picked this up as soon as I was able to afford it. I started the book today, and so far it is great. It‘s funny how I can read this and I‘m able to relate a lot more to the terms in it, than an American book (I‘m not knocking American books though).

The back reads:
"Journey with Sgt. Charles Kipp through this horrific, compelling, inspring recollection of one Canadian soldier‘s headlong dash throuhg the post-D-Day battlefields of northern Europe."

Initially, he could not enlist for active service due to a hernia, but he persisted and after about a year and a half to two years, he finally managed to be stationed and began more advanced training in England. I believe this shows a lot about Canadian soldiers in WWII.

"I knew that if there was going to be a war, I was going to be there"
"A war without me was unthinkable"
-Sgt. Charles D. Kipp

A great read.

I picked it up two months ago and read it within the span of two days. I couldn‘t put it down.

I bought it as soon as I saw his cap-badge on the back cover. That‘s what shocked me.

Back