• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bangalore torpedo

Sheep Dog AT said:
Item came in. Circa 1975

Wow, almost fresh from the factory.  I've used giant beehives dated 1946, so this torpedo is still fresh, lol

My only beef with the Picket Bangalore is the inability to join them into longer lengths as possible with the manufactured version.

I seem to remember, way back in my 4 CER days, making it longer by using a couple of 2 foot pickets as splints and windlass wiring the shit out of them.

Kat Stevens said:
I seem to remember, way back in my 4 CER days, making it longer by using a couple of 2 foot pickets as splints and windlass wiring the crap out of them.

That must have been a serious beast :)

This version seems new... and portable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpc4r4ZbcRE

armybuck041 said:
That must have been a serious beast :)

Yeah, it was a controlled experiment on FE camp in Wildflecken as best I can recall.  We ran two strands of det cord up the inside of the pickets on one side, packed both sides with HE, and put it together as I mentioned above.  It was placed under a 15 metre section of American cat wire fence. Not much left to pick up after.

Kat Stevens said:
Yeah, it was a controlled experiment on FE camp in Wildflecken as best I can recall.  We ran two strands of det cord up the inside of the pickets on one side, packed both sides with HE, and put it together as I mentioned above.  It was placed under a 15 metre section of American cat wire fence. Not much left to pick up after.

And after umpteen years in the Infantry I've only been part of two live fire ranges that has had the kind of activity built in. Is this a problem in our doctrine? I'd say so.

I wouldn't call it a doctrinal problem, I'd blame the exercise planners for not including realistic tasks into the ex.

As far as that vid, what a waste of explosives and pyro - nothing like firing off a specialized charge into the dirt with a smoke pot running that is only obscuring the vision of what looks to be the ARSO :)

Back