• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bailey bridge

my72jeep

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
How many of you 2CER guys are watching the bridge Looby? Is putting in just south of Murphy road on Hwy 17?
I just drove past it it's huge. I tried to count the panels to estimate the weight  capacity but lost count.

- mod edit to fix spelling of thread subject -

The WWII bridge was called Bailey, not Balley, and the modern version is called Acrow.

Not seeing the bridge, it also could be a MABEY-JOHNSON bridge as it looks very similar to Bailey and Acrow.... transom placement would indicate what type of bridge...

EDITED cause I can't seem to spell.....

Elliott%20Gould%20%20A%20Bridge%20Too%20Far%20(1977).jpg
Lt Col J.O.E. Vandeleur: When you refer to Bailey crap, I take it you mean that glorious, precision-made, British-built bridge which is the envy of the civilized world?  I don't know how you're going to get it through this crowd.

Col Robert Stout: No sweat. I got a back way staked out that will avoid all this. American ingenuity.

Vandeleur: Really?

Stout: Actually, I was born in Yugoslavia, but what the hell.

Meh, Mabey-Johnson/Acrow/LSB 200.....It's not bridging unless you are doing the mean green bridge balancing act along the top panels of just landed, un-decked, DS MGB, 50' above roaring rapids, at night, praying to whatever higher being that he/she guides your foot steps onto the 18'' of foot path that you cannot see for the rain and moonless night, and asking, at the same time, why oh why did you get picked for far bank party.

That's bridging. What you see on Highway 17 is just another construction job.

Back