• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Badger Down

T

Tadpole8

:cdn: Finally after a full year since I first walked into a recruiters office, I‘m taking my last PT test.They tell me on completion, my name will be put on a list of Merit!. I hope to attend basic in Nov(so they say).I went RegEngineers for the simple fact its the only trade offering combat diving. Now I know you‘ve all heard it before but I planned on something like this(please tell me if this is a feasible plan). 1 -4 years proving I‘m a sapper
Eod training
Combat Diver training
Parachutist
Power Boat training??
Pathfinder Course
Clearance Diving or JTF2 Mobility Operat.
JTF2 Assaulter (after 10-12 years)

Please somebody tell me if Engineers get a fair shot at pathfinder training like Infantry.I think Infantry get jump training while sappers get dive training.How hard is it to get to jump school being a sapper?? I know the most I should hope for right now is to be lucky enough to serve Canada but this is a major Career Decision. Everthing is so damned classified and hush hush , Icant get any answers. What are my Chances???How many MIB‘s do you know that are sappers???

Being a sapper of course you will be basic demolitions qual. What else are you looking for? EOD in itself is an ammo tech‘s angle.
You could do combat diver but it will definitly be later down the road.
Basic Para? Units get spots on the course all the time, it‘s usually a competition to get on the course though.
Power Boat Training?, comes with the territory.
Patrol Pathfinder? Not really a req. qual for an engineer, not a lot of them around. There are a lot of prereq‘s to the course but its such a difficult course(they‘re having trouble finding willing candidates) that they‘ll make reasonable exceptions.
Clearance diver, totally a navy qual+course.
JTF2 Mobility, how about boat driver? It‘s the latest thing.
Assaulter, give it a shot! Can‘t hurt! I‘m sure that there‘s been more then one engineer that has passed the test.

Trouble finding willing candidates! I understood that patrol pathfinder was a prereq feeder to Special Ops Assaulter. What happens if you become injured in training(a careerending injury that is)? Are you transferred or what happens to you?Also please elaborate more on the Mob Oper. job.
Thanks for your reply.

The course is pretty rough, a lot of people flunk out on navigation in the very beginning.
PPF is definitely NOT a prereq to SOA, although I‘m sure that it‘s an asset.
Not much to say about the mobility job though, it‘s all about delivering the assaulters to the objective, they just learn the coolest ways to do it.

What you are asking take‘s 10yr‘s(min.)
to get and if that is if you are a good are
Sapper.
Right now I know of a guy who‘s jump,combat diver and just finnished some of his E.O.D.
qualification‘s and been in 11yr‘s and he‘s hard core and I mean hard core,built like a brick !@#$ house and damb good at his job!!

If you are willing and dedicated, yes you can get what you want.

Don't believe everything you read, EOD is definately a vital part of the Combat Engineers on deployed operations. Ammo Techs primarily deal with domestic EOD operations. I am a Jumper, an EOD Tech but above all I am a Sapper, don't get to hung up on cool guy courses, if you want them they will come. Do a QL3 crse and maybe a tour or two and see how you feel.

Back