• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Background Check Length

Cosmo-99

Reaction score
Greetings, I did the Interview for Marine Tech NCMSTEP on the 19th of June and my background check was sent shortly afterwards. None of my references have been contacted yet. Is this the typical experience. I was quoted 4-8 weeks by the recruitment center. Does that begin when the check is sent off or when the references are contacted.

Typical fresh out of high school Canadian born haven't left Canada and no criminal record.

Thank you!

When I joined, I was 29 years old, no criminal record, no travel outside of Canada and continental US, and I'm not even sure if my references were contacted, TBH. Besides, at the CFRC, they are only sending in a screening request for a reliability status anyways. It won't be until you have the need to up your clearance level to secret or higher that it'll take a super-long time.

Realistically speaking, since you are selecting NCMSTEP, there will likely be extra stuff you gotta do before school starts anyways, and they may want to get you established with college before all the other hullabaloo. Best thing to do is just wait it out. Hit the gym, pick things up and put them down, and make sure that when you do get the call for school, you are ready to go.

If you are still worried about your application, give your CFRC a call or pop in and check on the status of your application. I'm sure they are willing to check your file to see if there is any progress.

Cheers, and good luck!

Back