• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aviation Systems Technician ( AVN Tech )

lets say a bit of both hahaha ? it is a gaming tower , but not too much , last time I was in shacks it was in Kingston the building behind the admission , and I did bring my computer there , but I was on a tasking not a course , so I don't know if the same rules apply ? the guys that were there on PAT did not have any of there TVs or Computer or anything like that

Some of the Sigs guys in Kingston have big TVs and gaming towers in the shacks. All depends on course staff though.

PuckChaser said:
Some of the Sigs guys in Kingston have big TVs and gaming towers in the shacks.
But they tend to be offset by the few Jimmies who have lives and social skills.  :pop:

krimynal said:
Is it possible to bring like a FULL Tower PC in the shacks ? Or only a laptop ?
Yes you can. Lots of guys have full tower PCs plus gaming consoles in their rooms.

EpicBeardedMan said:
How difficult is it to land at Borden after your QL3's IN Borden for your first unit?
I would have to say pretty unlikely. Although 400 Sqn is there; it's mostly a retirement home. CMs prefer to send new techs to units that can foster their experience and start building the rounded tech we need.

Trenton is just up the road a few hours. Good luck on your career.

AirDet said:
Although 400 Sqn is there; it's mostly a retirement home.

I'll disagree with that.

400 Squadron is now 1 Wing's air maintenance squadron, conducting major inspections on 1 Wing Griffons. Dedicated air bases, with more Techs, will see more postings in, of course, but Techs at 400 Squadron will not miss out on experience.

Anyone here with AVN TECH ?
I applied for this , can anyone share the insight ?
Thank you

I'm wondering if there's anyone that might be able to give me some insight of the life of a Reg force AVN Tech?

I put in for a CT a couple of months ago and I'm waiting for my interview (which is taking forever), but I thought I would try to get some insight to the career.

My fiancés concerns are more towards the postings, hours that would be worked and how frequently I might be away from home. We live in southern Ontario and ideally we'd like to go to Trenton. I don't know how likely that is, but would be ideal for us.

Any insight given is very appreciated. Cheers.

Wight.M said:
I'm wondering if there's anyone that might be able to give me some insight of the life of a Reg force AVN Tech?

I put in for a CT a couple of months ago and I'm waiting for my interview (which is taking forever), but I thought I would try to get some insight to the career.

My fiancés concerns are more towards the postings, hours that would be worked and how frequently I might be away from home. We live in southern Ontario and ideally we'd like to go to Trenton. I don't know how likely that is, but would be ideal for us.

Any insight given is very appreciated. Cheers.

Its always a bet for postings. You might end up on f18 in coldlake or bagotville. I doupt you will be posted to tac hel unless you want it. As for the units in Petawawa, we go really often outside or exercices.
Things to consider:
Lda: 327$ per month even at private rank ( petawawa 450,427; edmonton 408 ; valcartier 430)
Spec pay at cpl rank+ ql5 qualified or journeyman
Yes you will deploy, yes you will travel and move around.
When you dont want to move anymore and you been lvl A ( not mandatory) you can switch NDT tech spec 2 and you will be
More of a shop technician.
If you love moving around :flight engineer( spec 2, flight pay, LDA, per diem etc ...)
Mp me for info or any question related to rotary wing + tac hel.

Back