• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Art Johnson - I got your info re Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Art Johnson - I got your info re Mathews

Posted by Michael A. Dorosh from Canada on April 29, 1999 at 13:03:59:

Thanks for the info on Heath Mathews. I do have a question, though - can you tell me about the circumstances surrounding the taking of the picture? I included a copy of the "Face of War" photo in a magazine article I am hoping that Military Modeller Magazine will be publishing the editor says he‘s looking for a spot for it in his schedule. My original caption was taken from the Infantry Journal story on the picture, which identified him as Norris, and described how he was hauling signal wire during a company size patrol, killed two Chinese soldiers with his M1 carbine, and was wounded to the point of losing his hearing.

Obviously, since the man is actually Heath Matthews, these details will not be true. Can you give me some details about the patrol and the extent of Mr. Matthews‘ injuries? I would like to include those details in the caption to the photo, both on my website, and in the magazine article. While these details are certainly none of my business, I would hope that Mr. Matthews can understand my historical interest in the photo and wanting to add his story to the historical record and general body of knowledge surrounding Canadians in the Korean War.

I‘m posting this from work, where I don‘t have your email adress on hand.

CANUCK Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back