• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Glossary of WW1

WayneDraper

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day,

I find this site to be full of information that is well worth reading.  I did how ever found some one who had a copy of WW1 & WW11 meanings of

Army Abbreviations.  That he would email if anybody wanted them.  How ever I could not find it again.  He had a Milnet.ca address still could not find

or remember his name and how to contact him to have them sent to me.

Is there any way you can assist me with this problem?  Keep up the good site full of stories and information :crybaby:

Wayne Draper

The following site might help. All you have to do is punch in what you are looking for, and it should come up with an answer. I tried it to see if it would come up with something for "WTF".
Lo and behold.......it works
I hope it helps:  http://www.acronym-guide.com/military-acronyms.php

I thank you for your help with this matter. It helps to try and understand Service Records from WW1 & WW11 of Grand Father's, Uncle's who served. Too bad they didn't write legable back then!!

I understand about the legibility! I had the joy of deciphering 300 pages of a 1901 census, typing out everything from names, job descriptions and addresses. After doing close to 7500 people, I began to understand why everyone began to put "Please Print"  onto applications and forms these days!  ::)  It didn't help that many of the names were European with foreign spellings and different letters even!

I'm sure I lost some eyesight after that project... :eek:

armychick2009 said:
I understand about the legibility! I had the joy of deciphering 300 pages of a 1901 census, typing out everything from names, job descriptions and addresses. After doing close to 7500 people, I began to understand why everyone began to put "Please Print"  onto applications and forms these days!  ::)  It didn't help that many of the names were European with foreign spellings and different letters even!

I'm sure I lost some eyesight after that project... :eek:

Just try helping out with the grade 10 literacy testing in Ontario....they've got to print and double space lines and you'd still most likely understand prehaps one word in five.

I taught grade 5/6 and grade 7... Oi vay... I could only imagine what happens when their penmanship gets "character" by that age in grade 10!

Back