• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army and Personal apartments

krimynal

Inactive
Reaction score
I've tried to look up on the site for somekind of answers but haven't found anything , don't know if there is already a post about it , if so , I'm sorry about the 2ND post !

Basically my answer was , what happen once you leave for a training or 1st posting with your personal apartment , I know that the CF will pay for the movers , move you to the new location.

But what happens to the "location contract" you had.  Here in Quebec we have to sign a 12 months renting contract on any apartments , and I just got my letter back from my renter about if I wanted to sign an other year ( starting from July 1st 2015 to June 31st 2016 ).  What happens if I leave let's say in October ??? do the army take care of this ?? do I have some kind of paper I need to show my renter ? do I have to speak to my renter about the fact that I may not be there for a full year ??

I can't find the thread right now, but it was brought up not long ago and IIRC, you will be compensated for breaking your lease. Hopefully someone comes along with more help!

http://army.ca/forums/threads/84135.0

From a while ago but should still be valid

EDIT TO ADD: Here's a bit more http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/ch-208-relocation-benefits.page
208.955 – Reimbursement for Rent or Lease Liability
208.955(1) (Application) This instruction applies to an officer or non-commissioned member of the

Regular Force; and
Reserve Force on Class C Reserve Service.
208.955(2) (Entitlement) Where public quarters are not available, or where public quarters are available but an officer or non-commissioned member has been granted permission to live out, and the member vacates rented or leased accommodation as a result of the member being

posted to another base or other unit or element,
ordered into public quarters, or
moved other than temporarily with their base or other unit or element to another location,
the member is entitled to reimbursement for rent paid or for any liability under a lease, other than for damages, in accordance with paragraph (3).

thanks I guess I'll have a chat with the landlord , just let him know that I might leave in the middle of it , and hope for the best ! lol

Back