• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

are thse forums screwed up?

P

PTE_Lui

Just wondering, cause i have problems with messages and stuff. Seems odd

Take a breathe, follow the directiions, and go with the flow. If your haveing problems, it‘s your fault.

Pte_Lui,

Could you give us a few more details? What kinds of problems? When do they occur? Are there any error messages?

A general question always gets a general answer...

Cheers

lol; good point;

-when i click on the link to a forum; i don‘t see posts
-when I click on a post; i don‘t see some of the later replies to it
-it takes a LONG time to open up a page at times

What kind of computer and modem are you using? A low end system with a mediocre modem will cause probs with some large, intese pages as found here. Maybe your phone line is not giving you a clean signal or needs to be filtered. Just a few things to check.

Many times, I get the error page thingy...

I had to refresh many times before I can read the threads.

Hmmm. If you can send me an e-mail when you get the errors, that would be great. (Send ‘em to bobbitt@cdnarmy.ca .)

The more info you can include, like what you were doing, what link you clicked on, what the response (if any) was, etc, the better I‘ll be able to track it down...

The "long delay" sometimes may be because when a page is first loaded, it takes a long time. Once it‘s been viewed once, it‘s cached, and subsequent views are much faster. Basically, if the URL looks like http://cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi... then you‘re viewing a page for the first time, and it‘s going to take a while. If the URL starts with http://cdnarmy.ca/ubb/ultimatebb.php... then it‘s pulling a cached copy, and will be faster.

Cheers

Well, sometimes it‘s a random occurence.
Sometimes a thread opens normally, but sometimes it does, and I get that ‘cannot be found‘ error thing.

Next time it happens, can you copy the exact error message?

Thanks

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Your typical explorer error thing

Elemental,
I frequently have the same problem, with the same message, however I found that if you go back (using your browser) and try clicking the link again, it works fine. Hope it works...

Back