• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are Combat Engineer a Combat Arm?

Alberta Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
I have applied once before to the Canadian Forces and went through the CFAT, medical, and interview, but was not offered a job because there were no available positions. I have since applied again and am currently waiting to be contacted for an interview.

I was reading up for the 2 jobs I applied for, Infantry soldier and Combat engineer. The sight has changed since my last visit and under " on the job " for Combat engineer it did not say anything about them being part of the Camibat arms team, and I'm sure it did before.

My question, are combat engineers a combat arms trade?

Is this a trick question? How can one be called Combat Engineer is not a combat role trade?

I know it sounds dumb, but then I went on to read the Infantry and it said that infantry, along with artillery and armored, made up the combat arms.

Combat engineers are one of the four trades that make up the combat arms.

Even if they weren't classified as such, it still wouldn't change their role on the battlefield.

Combat Arms exist as what are known as occupation groups.  These groups are used as constrainst/requirements in the allocation of personnel to tasks (in CFTPO) or establishments (in HRMS).  There are two combat arms occupation groups:
  • 90001 Combat Arms consists of 00005 CRMN, 00008 ARTYMN - FD, 00009 ARTYMN - AD, 00010 INFMN, 00339 CBT ENGR.
  • 90027 Combat Arms consists of 00178 ARMD, 00179 ARTY, 00180 INF, and 00181 ENGR.

G...now that you're RCE now...will it revert back to Field Engr......:)

Jammer said:
G...now that you're RCE now...will it revert back to Field Engr......:)
been there, done that, got the T-shirt and toe fungus, carry on...

MCG said:
Combat Arms exist as what are known as occupation groups.  These groups are used as constrainst/requirements in the allocation of personnel to tasks (in CFTPO) or establishments (in HRMS).  There are two combat arms occupation groups:
  • 90001 Combat Arms consists of 00005 CRMN, 00008 ARTYMN - FD, 00009 ARTYMN - AD, 00010 INFMN, 00339 CBT ENGR.
  • 90027 Combat Arms consists of 00178 ARMD, 00179 ARTY, 00180 INF, and 00181 ENGR.

Small correction there, 00008 and 00009 ARTYMN FD and AD have been merged into one trade now. Can't remember the MOSID though....

Good thing everyone has only been waiting since last April for someone to figure it out.

Back