• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for Reserves with ADHD

tetravus

Reaction score
I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 23 and have been taking medication for it since then. Would this disqualify me from joining the reserves? I can function adequately without taking medication and if required, I could stop taking it prior to applying. If I stop taking my medication before applying, would I be required to disclose my diagnosis, or does it only need to be mentioned if they ask about it, or if I've been prescribed medication for it in the last X months/years?

I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 23 and have been taking medication for it since then. Would this disqualify me from joining the reserves? I can function adequately without taking medication and if required, I could stop taking it prior to applying. If I stop taking my medication before applying, would I be required to disclose my diagnosis, or does it only need to be mentioned if they ask about it, or if I've been prescribed medication for it in the last X months/years?

You have been diagnosed and prescribed medication for a medical condition. Whether or not the condition is resolved; whether or not you discontinue taking the medication and whether or not it is no longer an issue "for you" in six months time or one year or ten years or whenever, you will still be required to disclose your entire medical history when being medically examined.

Back