• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AOO in Pres

Falange

Inactive
Reaction score
Good evening,

I am looking for information regarding the relatively new AOO trade on the reserve side. Is anyone aware of reserve units with billets/recruiting for this trade? And would anyone be able to shed some light into what the trade course actually looks like (i.e. modality, length, location, etc)?

Right now I have a few PAOs on the NAVRES side that are in a huge backlog for their trade course and we are looking for career alternatives so to speak. Grateful for any information anyone can share on the reserve AOO trade.

v/r
Falange

Good evening,

I am looking for information regarding the relatively new AOO trade on the reserve side. Is anyone aware of reserve units with billets/recruiting for this trade? And would anyone be able to shed some light into what the trade course actually looks like (i.e. modality, length, location, etc)?

Right now I have a few PAOs on the NAVRES side that are in a huge backlog for their trade course and we are looking for career alternatives so to speak. Grateful for any information anyone can share on the reserve AOO trade.

v/r
Falange
I don't have any specifics but Air Reserve folks don't generally have the same training processes as NAVRES. They are generally former Reg F folks who have since retired from the Reg F and switched to the Res.

I know that they have started some ab-initio Air Res NCM courses, but I believe they are mostly trades like HRA, FSA, etc.

Also, the trade is so new that there may not be any Reservists yet - they just put out the CANFORGEN to request for more Maj-LCol (Reg F) folks switch over to the trade.

The CANFORGEN on AOO recruitment released yesterday specifically excluded PRes.

Good evening,

v/r
Falange
In short, if there is an air unit, there is an Air Reserve Flight attached. They will be your primary source of information re positions. AOOs are employable at all Wings and Flying Sqns in some capacity or another but primarily at the Ops Desk. There is a lot of backlog in the AOO training as well but many are expected to submit PLARs so the situation is constantly changing. The course is about 3 months long at Barker College located at 17 Wg Winnipeg. The course is classroom and simulation at the school. In the RCAF Reserve training is done along side the Reg F so even reservists are in the queue with everyone else. Any other questions let me know.

Back