• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AOO in Pres

Falange

Reaction score
Good evening,

I am looking for information regarding the relatively new AOO trade on the reserve side. Is anyone aware of reserve units with billets/recruiting for this trade? And would anyone be able to shed some light into what the trade course actually looks like (i.e. modality, length, location, etc)?

Right now I have a few PAOs on the NAVRES side that are in a huge backlog for their trade course and we are looking for career alternatives so to speak. Grateful for any information anyone can share on the reserve AOO trade.

v/r
Falange

dimsum

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
Good evening,

I am looking for information regarding the relatively new AOO trade on the reserve side. Is anyone aware of reserve units with billets/recruiting for this trade? And would anyone be able to shed some light into what the trade course actually looks like (i.e. modality, length, location, etc)?

Right now I have a few PAOs on the NAVRES side that are in a huge backlog for their trade course and we are looking for career alternatives so to speak. Grateful for any information anyone can share on the reserve AOO trade.

v/r
Falange
I don't have any specifics but Air Reserve folks don't generally have the same training processes as NAVRES. They are generally former Reg F folks who have since retired from the Reg F and switched to the Res.

I know that they have started some ab-initio Air Res NCM courses, but I believe they are mostly trades like HRA, FSA, etc.

Also, the trade is so new that there may not be any Reservists yet - they just put out the CANFORGEN to request for more Maj-LCol (Reg F) folks switch over to the trade.

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
The CANFORGEN on AOO recruitment released yesterday specifically excluded PRes.