• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual Army Run (merged)

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Everyone can do it, so it's time to get off the couch:  http://www.armyrun.ca/

Well, maybe I will, if I'm in Ottawa by then.....

It got my attention... now to find a way to Ottawa.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
..and here I thought it said army.ca run.
Well, it could be (in away) if Mike Bobbitt wants to register an army.ca team.

ArmyVern said:
Go back to your couch sitting ...  >:D

MCG said:
Well, it could be (in away) if Mike Bobbitt wants to register an army.ca team.

Methinks young Ms. Vern needs to be challenged.........

Looks interesting. How about a 5 km March and Shoot for military members, any rank any trade.

We've got all summer... I'd be up for the 1/2 marathon, and I'm sure others would be as well. Although maybe it makes more sense to go with the more accessible 5k... I'll add a poll so we can get a sense for who's interested.

Poll added. I think we could easily put together an Army.ca team.

I would love to be on an Army.ca Team. Only thing is I don't know if I'd be available.

Even with a late posting, I am sure to be there on Sep 21st.  Besides, it's a Sunday anyway!! Count me in for a 5 km.  It'll be slow going for me, I want to enjoy the "scenic" route!!  ;D

If there is enough interest, the site could enter male, female & mixed teams in both races.

An Army.ca team sounds like an amazing idea. count me in on the idea if you guys do plan on doing that.

I've rolled this past Mike, who told me to give it exposure here on the open forum.

What I propose:
An Army.ca running team towing an SMP vehicle to draw awareness and donations for cancer.  The team will draw pledges from individuals and sponsorship from corporations which will in turn be donated to cancer.  Corporate sponsorship can go on the team t-shirt or be displayed on the truck.

What will we need:
1.  A vehicle.  Perhaps we could borrow one from a private owner, perhaps one from a regiment.  I nominate a Leopard.

2.  A trace and harness.  Here's where all those gear designers come in.  While the trace itself could be expensive, it could be written off as a charitible donation/sponsorship.

3.  Runners.

4.  Pledges, sponsors, and support.

Shamrock said:
I've rolled this past Mike, who told me to give it exposure here on the open forum.

What I propose:
An Army.ca running team towing an SMP vehicle to draw awareness and donations for cancer.  The team will draw pledges from individuals and sponsorship from corporations which will in turn be donated to cancer.  Corporate sponsorship can go on the team t-shirt or be displayed on the truck.

What will we need:
1.  A vehicle.  Perhaps we could borrow one from a private owner, perhaps one from a regiment.  I nominate a Leopard.

2.  A trace and harness.  Here's where all those gear designers come in.  While the trace itself could be expensive, it could be written off as a charitible donation/sponsorship.

3.  Runners.

4.  Pledges, sponsors, and support.

I'm willing to run, its somthing i'm good at and i'd be more than glad to help a great cause :)

Good lord, it was an Iltis when you proposed it earlier! A leopard? The Armour guys will correct me, but aren't they 46 tonnes? If each person could pull 100Kg (220 pounds) that would still take 460 participants! :)

Looks like our unit may be fielding a team, so chances are good I'll be running with them.

Back